09 April 1:09 pm

Manchester United's European Cup dreams ended in Munich on Wednesday with a 3-1 defeat to FC Bayern Munich to fall 4-2 on aggregate in their UEFA Champions League Quarterfinal series.

United looked to be in the driver seat in the second half when Patrice Evra fired in an impressive goal, but 76 seconds later their hopes started to crumble as Mario Mandzukic exploited a defensive error to equalize.

Less than 10 minutes later, Bayern started to pull away as Thomas Muller found the back of the net. Arjen Robben would score off a deflection in the 76th minute to put the match out of reach for United.

United will now return to English Premier League play as they take on Everton on April 20th at Goodison Park. The Red Devils will take on the LA Galaxy on July 23 at the Rose Bowl.

09 April 12:21 pm

CARSON, Calif. -- The LA Galaxy will have to make due without defender Todd Dunivant for their upcoming match against Vancouver Whitecaps FC.

Galaxy head coach Bruce Arena confirmed to reporters on Wednesday that Dunivant will be unavailable for their upcoming match after suffering an injury during LA's 3-0 victory over Chivas USA on Sunday. Dunivant was forced to exit late in the second half of LA's victory with an abdomenal ailment

After training on Wednesday, Arena ruled the defender out for this weekend's match.

"He's got a little bit of strain. He's not available this week," Arena told reporters. "The following week, we'll wait and see."

With Dunivant unavailable, the Galaxy have several options as A.J. DeLaGarza returned to full training on Wednesday after missing last week's match due to a contusion. Although DeLaGarza admits that he feels better as he looks ahead for Saturday's match.

"I feel better than I did last week. Obviously with guys going out and me feeling better it is an option," said DeLaGarza. "I played center left back and left back is a different spot, but it's on the same side of the field. It's no where that I haven't played before and I'd feel relatively comfortable with it."

09 April 11:15 am

Ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, ESPN has provided a new U.S.-centric commercial for their coverage featuring the USMNT supporters group the American Outlaws entitled "I Believe."

Check it out below.

08 April 5:26 pm

The LA Galaxy will take on Manchester United this July in what will be the English Premier League side's first visit to Southern California since 2003.

The last time that Manchester United traveled to Los Angeles, United defeated Liga MX giants Club America at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum with two goals from Uruguayan star Diego Forlan and a single tally from Dutch legend Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Check out the highlights of that match and relive some great commentary by Allen Hopkins below.

08 April 9:30 am

Ahead of the LA Galaxy's friendly with Manchester United at the Rose Bowl on July 23, Manchester players Ashley Young, Ryan Giggs and Darren Fletcher talked about taking on LA.

Check it out below.

08 April 9:10 am

The LA Galaxy announced on Tuesday that they will play Manchester United at the Rose Bowl on July 23 at 7:30pm PT.

The match will be United's first in Southern California since they defeated Club America 3-1 in 2003 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

“We are excited to take on Manchester United at the Rose Bowl Stadium this summer,” said LA Galaxy President Chris Klein in a team issued press release. “We look forward to playing a storied club at a storied venue. As the top club in North America it is important for us to play big games and bring big events to the city of Los Angeles.”

Thoughts on United coming to Los Angeles?

Share them below.

07 April 10:05 pm

LA Galaxy II picked up their second victory of their inaugural season on Monday with a 4-2 victory over Oklahoma City Energy FC.

Following the match, Galaxy II head coach Curt Onalfo gave his assessment of the victory.

"I thought that we started really slowly. I liked how we reacted well after getting scored on and subsquently played a very good first half. We scored some timely goals and then had the opportunity to go up 4-1, but we missed a chance that we needed to finish. I think that human nature set in and I wasn't pleased at all with our second half performance. I thought that it was poor," Onalfo told reporters. "I think that we were too lax and the two goal cushion can haunt you sometimes. To their credit, they pushed and pushed before we fell into their trap by giving up a poor foul [on the goal]. Brian Rowe had a good night in goal and to our guys credit, we found a way to not give away the tying goal before we scored at the end to go up 4-2.

"But in the second half, that's where our youth and inexperience came out and we have to learn from those ocassions," Onalfo added. "The other team played two  nights ago and had tired legs, so we have to manage that better. It is early in the season and these are all growing pains that we have to learn from."

Check it out the game highlights below.

07 April 12:08 pm

Landon Donovan earned MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week honors for this two assist performance in the LA Galaxy's 3-0 win against Chivas USA

Donovan was a threat each time he went forward against Chivas USA and provided two assists on goals by Stefan Ishizaki and Baggio Husidic -- the latter of which was nominated for MLSsoccer.com's Goal of the Week.

Two Galaxy players earned honorable mentions to the Team of the Week as goal scorer Robbie Keane and defender Omar Gonzalez were named.

07 April 10:06 am

CARSON, Calif. – Brian Perk has started the last two matches in goal for the LA Galaxy and the 24-year-old has no desire to give up the starting goalkeeper position.

Perk says that he learned on Wednesday that head coach Bruce Arena would give him the start over Jaime Penedo who declared himself ready to go despite missing LA’s match against Real Salt Lake to retrieve his visa in Panama.  In his second straight start, Perk saw minimal action as he made just a single save as the Rojiblancos managed just one shot on goal in the 3-0 win by the Galaxy.

It was an amazing job by our whole team. We played them off the pitch basically. It was an amazing performance by a bunch of guys that are starting to come together and play as a team.

Will he keep his position, however? Perk says that’s not for him to decide.

“That’s Bruce’s decision,” said Perk. “All I can do is do my best and try to make it impossible for him not to play me. Everyone is looking forward. We righted the ship this week and now we’re looking to do more on the weekend.”

07 April 8:14 am

CARSON, Calif. – No record, no problem for LA Galaxy forward Landon Donovan.

Despite a dangerous attacking performance that allowed him to account for five of the Galaxy’s 19 attempts on goal, Donovan was unable to find goal No. 135 that would give him sole possession of the MLS all-time regular season scoring record which he currently shares with Jeff Cunningham.

Donovan notched two assists on the evening, but when he found himself alone on goal in the 65th minute, his goal was pushed away by Chivas USA goalkeeper Dan Kennedy. Despite being stuck on 134 regular season goals for yet another week, Donovan asserts that he does not feel unlucky that his goal didn’t come against the Rojiblancos.

“I don’t feel unlucky,” Donovan told reporters after the match. “I can do better with those chances, but it was a little sticky today and the ball caught up a few times. I’m happy with how I played, I thought I played well. Goals will come, I’m happy to win games.”

“I just want to play well and eventually goals will come,” he added. “I’m not worried about [the record]. As long as I play well and I’m contributing then that’s what is important. “

Think Donovan will break the record this weekend against Vancouver?