20 June 4:45 pm

CARSON, Calif. – In his first appearance with the LA Galaxy since May 19, left back Todd Dunivant felt back to his old self—for the most part.

After being sidelined with a nagging left leg strain, Dunivant started LA’s scoreless draw against the Portland Timbers on Wednesday and went a complete 90 minutes for the Galaxy. Showing no signs of the injury that kept him on the shelf for three matches, Dunivant’s presence was critical as LA shut down the Timbers offense.

“I felt great. Physically I felt good, and my fitness is still coming along,” said Dunivant. “The last 20 [minutes] I started getting a little fatigued, but other than that I felt great”

Barring any late complications, Dunivant will resume his position on the left side of the Galaxy defense in Sunday’s SuperClásico and according to center back A.J. DeLaGarza; his return is a welcome sight.

“He’s a big part of our back four,” said DeLaGarza. “[He is] a veteran, and a guy who can get up on the attack and get some good balls, and just a leader in general.”

20 June 2:49 pm

CARSON, Calif. – It has taken some time, but center back Tommy Meyer has begun to show flashes of the confident rookie that helped the LA Galaxy to their MLS Cup triumph last year.

With Omar Gonzalez away on international duty for the past month, Meyer has racked up four starts in all competitions. The results didn't go Meyer’s way as LA went 0-3-1 in four matches while conceding 10 goals, but the second-year defender saved his best performance for last in LA’s scoreless draw with the Portland Timbers on Wednesday.

Alongside A.J. DeLaGarza in central defense, Meyer was tidy as he made 10 clearances as well as a key block in the 61st minute of a Ryan Johnson shot from close range. Following a difficult stretch of appearances, Meyer felt like he was back to his old self on Wednesday.

“Tonight, I felt back to where I was last season as far as physically and reading the game. I felt tonight was the best game that I've played,” said Meyer. “I think we did a good job staying connected and talking throughout the whole game, keeping Rafa [Garcia] right in front of us, and [Juninho] at midfield helping us win balls, I think that helped out alot. We were moving well as a group I thought, for the most part, throughout the game. That gives us the chance to win the ball and get the ball up to our forwards.”

Although the results weren't great,  DeLaGarza admitted that the second-year center back is still continuing to grow.

“It’s his first full action for the first part of the year. He’s still learning and we're still learning how to play together,” said DeLaGarza. “We played together a little bit last year and he was with Omar [Gonzalez] late last year. We still have to learn about each other and we've got a long way to go with that.”

20 June 12:01 am

CARSON, Calif. -- Ever steadily, things are coming together for LA Galaxy midfielder Robbie Rogers.

Rogers made his first start in a Galaxy uniform since joining the club in late-May. The start was Rogers first since Sept. 28, 2011 when he was still a member of the Columbus Crew.

As for his impression of his performance? Rogers felt like he was at ease and even admitted taht he felt he could have played longer than the 69 minutes that he earned on Wednesday.

LAGalaxy.com's Larry Morgan spoke to Rogers and several of his Galaxy teammates for this story.

More from Rogers below...

(On how rewarding it was to start…)

ROGERS: “It felt good to have a proper start, to get back out there and to be out there from the beginning. I still think I have a long ways to go, but there were flashes where I was getting my legs back and I was moving quite well at times. That’s good to see after putting in a lot of hard work. But things are slowly coming back.”

(On his impressions of Portland…)

ROGERS: “They’re a great team. I thought they played really well. It just wasn’t quite there at the end for us. We were a little off. But I’m excited to play for these guys.”

(On whether he had any nerves about starting…)

ROGERS: “Surprisingly it was more just eager, eager to get here today. No nerves. I think I was more nervous for my very first game at home depot. I was more excited today.”

(On how he close he feels to match fitness…)

ROGERS: “I think I probably need two more games to really get flying around and not be worrying about my fitness. Actually I felt pretty good in the second half. I actually felt I could have played a little longer, which surprised me.”

(On his thoughts on the Galaxy…)

ROGERS: “A really talented team and a great locker room. A very comfortable and positive setting we have in here. Something we had in Columbus in 2008. I think that makes a great team actually.”

(On the match against Chivas USA…)

ROGERS: “I think this next game for us is a huge game before we go on the road again. I think we’re going to be a dangerous team; it’s just a matter of time. When guys are all clicking, it’s going to be interesting to see how well we do. Some guys are coming back, obviously my first start, we’re missing a few guys.”

(On whether he’s ready to start again on Sunday…)

ROGERS: “I hope I get another chance.”

(On how he feels getting into the swing of things…)

ROGERS: “I still have a lot of hard work ahead of me to really get fit, 100 percent. To see the improvement I’m slowly making week by week in the games it’s great for me to feel like the hard work is going somewhere. I’m excited for the next game and I’m excited to move on the following week.”

19 June 11:37 pm

CARSON, Calif. – It was a historic night for LA Galaxy midfielder Juninho, who made his 100th start for the club and notched his 102nd appearance for the team.

Reaching 100 appearances is a tradition in Brazil that includes a pregame ceremony and the player donning the number 100 kit for the match. Juninho didn't get to change his number for the match against Portland, but he was given a hardy chant from the Angel City Brigade supporters group during the 19th minute of the game.

“It was unbelievable. It was a great night,” Juninho told LA Galaxy Insider. “The result wasn't good, but I love my fans. I've been here for four years and I don’t have the words to thank them for all the support that they've given to me.”

The Brazilian stalwart was tidy in central midfield as he, and partner Rafael Garcia, limited chances for the visiting Portland Timbers. Although LA was solid in the back, the Galaxy created little going forward as they repeatedly saw their attacking chances snuffed out by the Timbers.

“Our back line was perfect and allowed no goals, but up front tonight, we were very poor,” said Juninho. “We just need to train and get better.”

And LA and the Brazilian midfielder will have a chance to get better on Sunday when they take on moribund Chivas USA, who are winless in their last six MLS games. But despite Chivas’ dismal record as of late, Juninho is not taking them lightly.

“Chivas is the Clásico. It’s very bad when you lose in a Clásico,” he said. “We're in the same stadium, so we’re going to fight and hopefully take the result.”

19 June 11:03 pm

CARSON, Calif. -- LA Galaxy gained a shutout in a scoreless draw against the Portland Timbers, but created little going forward in a dull showing.

Following the match, Galaxy head coach Bruce Arena addressed the team’s showing.

(On the defensive performance...)

ARENA: "I thought that we defended well for the most part. There are some things that we can certainly do better, but I'm not sure that Portland had a whole lot of chances tonight. That was good. At the other end of the field of the field, I thought [Portland's] center backs played well and, obviously, [Donovan] Ricketts is not easy to beat. This was going to be a game where we had to jump on any kind of opportunity that we got and we were half a step off for most of the night. Portland' posture is pretty obvious when they go on the road; they're trying to get a point. They were certainly pleased getting a point."

(On Robbie Rogers' start...)

ARENA: "He's making progress. He has a long way to go, but that's the only way that he can do it is giving him games. I thought that his first 15-20 minutes were very tentative, but he got better and got into a rhythm. The last part of the first half and the second half, he got a little bit better. He's still going to take some time.”

(On Rafael Garcia…)

ARENA: “I thought that Rafa did well. He had a good game. I thought that he played well.”

(On what he said to the team in terms of their offensive performance after the match…)

ARENA: “In terms of their offensive performance? I didn't highlight that. There’s nothing to elaborate on, I didn't say anything to them. What’s there to elaborate?

19 June 2:36 pm

CARSON, Calif. – The eyes of the soccer world are fixed to Brazil this month for the 2013 Confederations Cup, which serves as the dry run for next year’s World Cup.

The LA Galaxy have also kept tabs on the tournament especially Italian goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini has been keeping a keen eye on his home nation.

“I was happy to see Italy play a good game against a good Mexico team, I was less happy about the Nigeria and Tahiti game,” said Cudicini. “For us Italians, it was a good a good game.”

Cudicini was also asked about his impressions of controversial Italian star Mario Balotelli, who is known as much for his histrionics off the field than he is for his brilliance on it.

“I think that he’s a great player and talented player. Sometime his head switches off for some reason and he makes silly mistakes like the two yellow cards in World Cup qualifying two weeks ago. It looks like a child trying to learn things and everyone forgives him for a lot of stuff because he’s a great talent. Hopefully, the more that he plays and the more responsibility that he has on his shoulders then the more that he’ll grow up.”

19 June 12:38 pm

In this video preview by LAGalaxy.com, Landon Donovan, Robbie Keane and Todd Dunivant discuss the Galaxy's match against the Portland Timbers.

Check it out below...

19 June 12:14 pm

Omar Gonzalez went 90 minutes as the United States defeated Honduras 1-0 to solidify their place atop the CONCACAF Hexagonal.

Jozy Altidore scored the lone goal in 73rd minute to give the Americans their third consecutive victory in World Cup Qualifying.

Gonzalez earned relatively positive reviews from ESPN, MLSsoccer.com, and the New York Times

Highlights of the game are below.

18 June 2:50 pm

The LA Galaxy Under-18's learned their draw for the upcoming Development Academy playoffs, which begin on June 24 in Frisco, Texas.

LA was drawn in group six alongside the New England Revolution, San Jose Earthquakes, and Dallas Texans. The Texans are a local power in the region and boast Galaxy defensive stalwart Omar Gonzalez as one of their many illustrious alumni. From the four team group, only the first place team will advance to the next round. In preparation for the tournament, Galaxy U-18 coach Alex Yi has been trying to replicate the hot and windy conditions that his squad will face in Frisco by having his team train in the city of Visalia in the San Joaquin Valley.

When a schedule is released, it will be posted here.

Think LA can advance? Hope LA's U-18's can enjoy success at Development Academy playoffs?

18 June 1:58 pm

CARSON, Calif. –Following the LA Galaxy’s final training session before Wednesday’s match against the Portland Timbers, Bruce Arena addressed the media on what he expects from Portland and provided an update on several injured players.

During his comments, Arena confirmed that he was optimistic that Robbie Keane and Todd Dunivant, each who have missed several games due to international duty and injuries respectively, will be in the lineup on Wednesday. The Galaxy coach also noted that Landon Donovan was “stepped on” in a play that occurred prior to the opening of practice, but he was not concerned about his availability for the Portland match.

Arena’s comments are below…

(On the impact of Pablo Mastroeni…)

ARENA: “I’ve known Pablo for a number of years. He’s a good player despite his age, I feel like he’s got a lot of games still left in the league. It’s going to take him a couple weeks to get him fit, but we know that he’s a good player. He’s an experienced player, a player of quality, and we think that he’s going to help us in our central midfield.”

(On whether or not he’s dreamed up his lineup for Portland…)

ARENA: “I’ve dreamed about tomorrow’s game. Yes, I have.”

(On whether the lineup will have any surprises…)

ARENA: “No, we have some players coming back, obviously, Robbie Keane is back and I would expect him to be playing for sure. We’ll finalize everything today for the rest of the group.”

(On who he’ll opt for in goal…)

ARENA: “Cudicini has been playing the whole season, if you haven’t figured that out. We expect him to be our goalkeeper as well.”

(On whether the team is optimistic about Todd Dunivant starting…)

ARENA: “Yes.”