09 June 5:44 am

SANDY, Utah— The LA Galaxy will be without the services of Marcelo Sarvas for their June 19 clash against the Portland Timbers due to yellow card accumulation. Or will they?

Sarvas earned a yellow card in 90th minute of LA’s 3-1 loss to Real Salt Lake for a foul on Ned Grabavoy, which was his fifth of the season and means an automatic one game suspension. But after the match, LA head coach Bruce Arena had plenty of questions about whether or not the caution should have been called.

"We're asking the referee to reevaluate that play,” Arena said. “I think that he missed that play, so hopefully, they'll have the intelligence to look at it and take away the card."

Following the match, Sarvas told reporters that he did not make contact with Grabavoy and was hopeful that any appeal logged by Arena would be successful.

“I didn’t touch the guy. Everybody can see the replay. I told the referee that I didn’t touch him and that it’s my fifth yellow card, so don’t do this because it’s wrong and I didn’t touch him,” Sarvas said. “But we can not fight with the referee because they have the authority.”

“I don’t know if it’s possible [to appeal], but if it is then we should do it because I didn’t touch him,” Sarvas added. “I’m going to miss the game for something that I didn’t do so if we can [appeal] then we should.”

Agree with Arena and Sarvas? Watch the foul below and let me know your opinion.

08 June 10:26 pm

SANDY, UT -- Below are Bruce Arena's comments following the LA Galaxy's 3-1 defeat to Real Salt Lake

(On his general thoughts from the game...)

ARENA: "Close game. Give them credit. They got the goal at the end that made the difference."

(On the Galaxy conceding eight goals in two games...)

ARENA: "I don't think our defense was that bad tonight, but certainly the second goal was a factor, but the third goal you don't worry about since you're pushing to get a goal. The third goal, I'm not too concerned about."

(On his impression of Brian Rowe...)

ARENA: "He was okay, his inexperienced showed at times...it's only one game, we don't have a conclusion on his career at this point."

(On the week-long break that the Galaxy will get...)

ARENA: "Yeah, we've been traveling all over the place. It'll be good for our guys to get their legs back a bit."

(On Sarvas being suspended for the Portland game...)

ARENA: "We're asking the referee to re-evaluate that play. I think that he missed that play, so hopefully, they'll have the intelligence to look at it and take away the card."

08 June 8:39 pm

SANDY, UT -- The LA Galaxy fell 3-1 to Real Salt Lake on Saturday thanks to a pair of second half goals from RSL forward Olmes Garcia.

LA and RSL traded first half goals from Khari Stephenson and Landon Donovan.

A few game notes:

*The LA Galaxy are now on a two game losing skid, but three in all competitions.

*Marcelo Sarvas is suspended for the Portland Timbers match on June 18 due to yellow card accumulation.

* Juninho made his 101th appearance for the Galaxy.

*LA Galaxy goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini was unavailable due to a coaches decision

*18,962 were in attendance for the match.

08 June 4:04 pm

SALT LAKE CITY -- The LA Galaxy take on Real Salt Lake in a vital match at Rio Tinto Stadium as they look to rebound from their 5-0 defeat to the New England Revolution. For a few links, matchups to watch and a predicted lineup, check it out below.

*Robbie Rogers is continuing to round into form and may play a major role against Salt Lake

*Gyasi Zardes is contiuning his development and the match against RSL is likely to be the latest step

*The LA Galaxy know that they can't fall behind early, but if they do then they'll have to show more fortitude.

*Read LAGalaxy.com's Larry Morgan preview.

*Lastly, my Three Points to the game.

MATCH UPS TO WATCH:

MARCELO SARVAS vs. JAVIER MORALES

The most important battle of the match. Sarvas -- and Juninho -- must contain Morales, who has been on a tear as of late with two goals and two assists in six games.

NED GRABAVOY vs. SEAN FRANKLIN

Grabavoy is one of the trickest players in MLS and he'll pose a major challenge for Franklin, who must shut down the midfielder.

TOMMY MEYER vs. ROBBIE FINDLEY

Meyer will have his hands ful with the speed of Findley, who scored a goal and an assist in RSL's victory over San Jose last week.

PREDICTED LINEUP:

Cudicini; Franklin, Meyer, DeLaGarza, Cochrane; Donovan, Sarvas, Juninho, Stephens; Zardes, Villarreal

08 June 11:29 am

LA Galaxy defender Omar Gonzalez went 90 minutes as the United States defeated Jamaica in a dramatic 2-1 victory.

Brad Evans scored a dramatic game-winning-goal in the second minute of stoppage time, just three minutes after Jermaine Beckford scored the equalizer for Jamaica negating a 30 minute goal by U.S. forward Jozy Altidore.

Gonzalez drew rave reviews for his aerial prowess as he repeatedly was able to snuff out Jamaican attacks with timely clearances.

The highlights of the match can be seen below...

08 June 10:59 am

Courtesy of LAGalaxy.com videographer Paolo Ferrari, a preview of the LA Galaxy's match with Real Salt Lake

Check it out below...

07 June 2:15 pm

It was a record setting day for Robbie Keane.

With the start against the Faroe Islands, Keane became Ireland's all-time appearance leader with 126 bypassing former teammate Shay Given.

Keane wasn’t done there; however, as he scored three goals as Ireland defeated the Faroes 3-0 in their pivotal World Cup qualifier. The hat-trick was the LA Galaxy captain’s second at the international level and gives Keane, Ireland's all-time leading scorer, a total of 59 international goals. According to the Irish FA, Keane is now fifth all-time among European goalscorers and 15th in the world.

The Irish now find themselves in third place in UEFA Group C level on points with second place Austria, but behind on goal difference. Ireland have four qualifying matches remaining as they look to earn that vital second place finish, which will place them in a playoff for a spot in the 2013 World Cup.

Ireland wraps up the international period on June 12 against defending World Cup champion Spain in New York at Yankee Stadium.

07 June 8:52 am

U.S. Under-20 head coach Tab Ramos named his 21-man squad for this summer's U-20 World Cup in Turkey and the LA Galaxy -- and the Galaxy Academy -- are well represented.

LA Homegrown Players forward Jose Villarreal and right Oscar Sorto were named to the squad, but they will be joined by several former members of the club's Academy in center back Javan Torre and forward Mario Rodriguez. In total, there are nine players from the state of California, five of which are from Southern California

The U-20's are coming off a disappointing 1-3-0 showing at the Toulon Tournament in France, but the tournament tune-up will likely be far from the team's mind when they begin the U-20 World Cup against Group A rivals Spain on June 21. The U.S. will then take on France on June 24 and Ghana on June 27 to round out group play.  A complete quote sheet from Ramos explaining his decisions can be found here.

The complete roster is below.

GOALKEEPERS: 1-Cody Cropper (Southampton FC; Maple Grove, Minn.), 12-Kendall McIntosh (Santa Clara; Santa Rosa, Calif.), 21-Zach Steffen (FC DELCO; Downington, Pa.)

DEFENDERS: 13-Eric Miller (Creighton; Woodbury, Minn.), 3-Juan Pablo Ocegueda (Guadalajara; Riverside, Calif.), 5-Shane O’Neill (Colorado Rapids; Boulder, Colo.), 18-Oscar Sorto (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.), 4-Caleb Stanko (SC Freiburg; Holly, Mich.), 14-Javan Torre (UCLA; Santa Monica, Calif.), 2-DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders; Seattle, Wash.)

MIDFIELDERS: 16-Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; Plano, Texas), 10-Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake; Garden Grove, Calif.), 8-Benji Joya (Santos Laguna; San Jose, Calif.), 15-Mikey Lopez (Sporting Kansas City; Mission, Texas), 6-Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew; Gahanna, Ohio)

FORWARDS: 20-Daniel Cuevas (Santos Laguna; Sacramento, Calif.), 17-Danny Garcia (North Carolina; Dallas, Texas), 7-Victor Pineda (Chicago Fire; Bolingbrook, Ill.), 19-Alonso Hernandez (C.F. Monterrey; El Paso, Texas), 9-Mario Rodriguez (1. FC Kaiserslautern; North Hollywood, Calif.), 11-Jose Villarreal (LA Galaxy; Inglewood, Calif.)

06 June 5:14 pm

CARSON, Calif. – Robbie Rogers has been busy this week. Not because of interviews or media spots, but because he’s feverishly trying to work back to full fitness and become a major contributor on the LA Galaxy.

Rogers has made three appearances in all competitions since joining the Galaxy last month, but as LA prepares for this Saturday’s match against Real Salt Lake, the 26-year-old midfielder feels like he’s poised to turn the corner, in terms of fitness and his general soccer skills.

“I’ve been doing fitness every day since we got back, so it’s good to be home this week and get some proper training in. It’s really important for me,” Rogers told reporters on Thursday. “[My touch] is feeling a lot better. I don’t have to watch it all the way to my foot now; I just feel it and go. That’s a great feeling. Just running with the ball as well, I feel more comfortable.”

Following last Sunday’s crushing 5-0 defeat to the New England Revolution, Rogers is eager to get in gear and start to contribute to the Galaxy.

“It does motivate and make you hungry. It’s like come on, I know that we can do better than this and I know that I can do better this and I know that I can help this team. That is exciting and that is why I wanted to work so hard this week so I can definitely push myself forward and I think that everyone feels the same way about themselves.”

06 June 3:54 pm

In the latest edition of View from the Booth, Cobi Jones and Joe Tutino analyze the LA Galaxy's clash with Real Salt Lake.

Check it out below.