27 May 1:02 am

My Three Points to the LA Galaxy's 4-0 victory over Seattle Sounders FC can be found below.

Three Points: LA Galaxy crush Sounders as Rogers makes his debut

A few notes:

*Robbie Keane's hat trick was his first in an LA Galaxy uniform and took just 21 minutes to complete.

*Keane scored the second quickest hat trick in LA Galaxy history with his hat trick coming 44 minutes into the match. Alejandro Moreno holds the mark for fastest hat trick in LA Galaxy history with his hat trick in 43 minutes back in the 2007 season.

*Sean Franklin's goal was his first of 2013 and his first regular season goal since he scored two in LA's 2-2 draw with Sporting Kansas City on September 5, 2011.

*Todd Dunivant missed the match with a quad strain.

*Sounders FC are 0-5-1 all-time on the road against LA, which includes playoffs and regular season, since 2010. Seattle has been outscored 13-2 in that time.

*The LA Galaxy are 4-1-1 at home this season with a 12-2 goal differential.

*Noted by Seattle Times reporter Joshua Mayers, the match was an ugly one for Seattle:Mayers breaks down one of the worst performances all time for Sounders FC.

*Lastly, and most importantly: Robbie Rogers became the first openly gay male professional athlete in major American team sports by coming into the game in the 77th minute.

26 May 11:43 pm

CARSON, Calif. -- Below are Landon Donovan's comments following the LA Galaxy's 4-0 victory over Seattle Sounders FC. The match was a historic game as it saw the Galaxy debut of Robbie Rogers, American professional team sports first openly gay male athlete.

Donovan's comments are below..

(On the first half performance...)

DONOVAN: "I think our start was really good, not just the goals but the energy. The way we pressed, the aggressive nature we played with. We made tackles, we passed the ball well, we got a lot of chances and then when we had the chance to score we scored. It was as well as we’ve played all year."

(On what Robbie brings to the team...)

DONOVAN: "Once he’s fully fit he’s a true wide player that we haven’t had in a long time and I know Bruce has been searching for a player like that. On one hand, we lose one of our most influential players which is tough but we’re getting a guy who’s been very effective in this league and we’re really excited to have him."

(On what the team takes from Robbie’s courage to return...)

DONOVAN: "I think every person will take something from it individually. For me, it’s inspiring in that it’s OK to be who we are. We all have differences, we all have things were going through and for him to accept who he is and be proud of who he is I think inspires all of us both as athletes and as people."

On when people will focus on Robbie’s soccer life over his personal life...)

DONOVAN: "I think eventually we’ll get to that point and that’s the hope. But for now, because of the nature of the way sports have been for so many years, the macho-culture that’s been embraced by everybody,  it’s of interest to everybody. So now, for us, hopefully the hype of it is over and for him too. We can just get back to getting comfortable which is what he wants to do."

26 May 9:49 pm

CARSON, Calif. -- Robbie Rogers made American professional team sports history on Sunday as he became the first openly gay man to participate in a professional game.

Rogers came in during the 77th minute of LA's match with Seattle Sounders FC for Juninho.

Below is a video of Rogers entering the match.

26 May 7:42 pm

CARSON, Calif. -- Robbie Rogers is on the LA Galaxy's 18-man roster for their clash with Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday.

Rogers received his International Transfer Certificate on Sunday morning.

Do you think he'll play on Sunday? When will he enter the match?

26 May 4:59 pm

CARSON, Calif. -- The LA Galaxy and Seattle Sounders FC will face off in a match that may be first in American team sports history as Robbie Rogers, the first openly gay professional athlete looks to take the field.

*Robbie Rogers was acquired on Saturday in exchange for Mike Magee. Rogers talked about his deal in a press conference on Saturday while Galaxy players discussed the deal that sent Magee to Chicago.

*Rogers will be in the game day roster on Sunday after the Galaxy received his International Transfer Certificate on Sunday

*Juninho and Marcelo Sarvas expect to participate after missing several days of training earlier this week

*My preview of Sunday's match that focuses on the Galaxy's potential rivalry with Chicago.

*Lastly, my Three Points to the match

MATCH UPS TO WATCH

Eddie Johnson vs. Omar Gonzalez

Johnson notched two goals last week in the Sounders impressive victory over FC Dallas, but he'll face a stronger challenge in Gonzalez, who is eager to rebound after a late break down cost the Galaxy a point in their defeat to New York last week.

Robbie Keane vs. Djimi Traoré

The pair battled several times during Keane's time at Tottenham while Traoré was with Liverpool and will face off again on Sunday. Expect Keane to look to get off to a fast start as he'll be off for Ireland duty after the match.

Galaxy/Sounders each look to score first

Sunday's match is a simple case of who scores first wins. The Galaxy and Seattle are a combined 9-0-4 when scoring first, but when they concede, they are 0-7-0.

PREDICTED LINEUP

Cudicini; Franklin, Gonzalez, DeLaGarza, Dunivant; Donovan, Sarvas, Juninho, Stephens; Zardes, Keane

26 May 2:56 pm

Courtesy of LAGalaxy.com, the complete Robbie Rogers introductory press conference

26 May 9:45 am

Expect to see Robbie Rogers in the LA Galaxy's 18-man roster for Sunday's match with Seattle Sounders FC.

The LA Galaxy confirmed via the club's website that on Sunday morning that Rogers' ITC arrived in time for him to participate against the Sounders.

25 May 6:10 pm

CARSON, Calif. – Robbie Rogers is well aware that because of his sexual orientation that there is going to be scrutiny and possibly a few hateful comments, but he’s ready.

During his unveiling as a member of the LA Galaxy after a trade that sent Mike Magee to the Chicago Fire in exchange for Rogers, the 26-year-old talked at length about his move to LA and his place as the first openly gay professional athlete. Although Rogers has received an outpouring of support from the sporting world, he knows that there will be bumpy moments that he intends to meet in stride.

“Our society is changing. Obviously there are a lot of people who are still behind and are not willing to accept the fact that there are gay women and men out there that don’t have a choice. I was created this way,” said Rogers. “I just those people voice their opinion, this is the United States, and they can say whatever they want. In the end, I’ll still love them; I’ll still give them a hug if they want one. But I think it is inevitable that everyone will accept that this is just part of life.”

Rogers was also asked about New York City FC owner and United Arab Emirates deputy prime minister Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan, who has drawn criticism for his nation’s stance on homosexuality. The 26-year-old admitted that he’d love an opportunity to sit down with the owner of NYCFC to have an open discussion and show him just how normal that he truly is.

“If I could invite him to sit down and have some coffee with me sometime then I’d love to speak with him and hear his ideas and his beliefs and share mine as well as well because it’s a discussion,” Rogers said. “What message would I send to him, I wouldn’t send him a message, I would just open a conversation with him…I don’t know what he thinks that gay men are supposed to be like, I’m sure there are stereotypes that we live up to or that we are so I guess I would just offer an invitation to sit with him and to have a discussion with him. I think that’s the important to show him that I’m a lot like the other athletes that he owns.”

25 May 5:05 pm

CARSON, Calif. -- Robbie Rogers may make his LA Galaxy debut on Sunday in the team's match against Seattle Sounders FC, if the club receives his International Transfer Certificate in time.

LA Galaxy head coach Bruce Arena told reporters on Saturday that if the club receives Rogers' ITC then he will be placed into the club's 18-man roster. Rogers is already hopeful that he'll be on the squad against Seattle.

"I expect to be in the 18, but I don't know," said Rogers. "I don't expect one way or the other. I just really want us to win."

25 May 4:14 pm

The field for the Guinness International Champions Cup has been filled.

The LA Galaxy will be joined by AC Milan (Italy), Valencia (Spain), Everton, and Chelsea (Both England), the organizers of the tournament announced on Saturday. Inter Milan, Juventus, the Galaxy and Real Madrid were announced as participants in April.

The tournament opens on July 27 before culminating at Sun Life Stadium in Miami on August 6-7.