11 September 2:51 pm

CARSON, Calif. -- David Beckham was added to the LA Galaxy's injury report with a left ankle sprain while forward Edson Buddle was removed when the report was released on Tuesday afternoon.

Beckham picked up the injury during the Galaxy's 2-0 victory over the Vancouver Whitecaps on September 1st.  When asked about what the club thought of his injury, head coach Bruce Arena said that  "he might be" ready in time for Friday's match.

Meanwhile Buddle, who is still working his way back after undergoing right knee surgery in June, is coming off two solid Reserve League appearances going 45 minutes against the San Jose Earthquakes on September 4th and 57 minutes against the Portland Timbers on Monday.

11 September 12:05 pm

CARSON, Calif. -- Christian Wilhelmsson is one step closer to playing in Friday's match against the Colorado Rapids.

The Swedish International was not at training at The Home Depot Center -- or even in the United States -- on Tuesday. The Swede was in Tijuana, Mexico  where he had an appointment with the U.S. Consulate to get his P-1 Visa, if the Swede gets his visa on Tuesday -- and his International Transfer Certificate by Friday -- he will be eligible on Friday.

Below are Bruce Arena's comments on Wilhelmsson's absence on Tuesday.

ARENA: "He was just getting his paper work."

10 September 9:51 pm

CARSON, Calif. -- A few notes and observations from Monday's 4-0 Reserve League victory for the LA Galaxy over the Portland Timbers.

*The big news was of course, Landon Donovan's impressive 33 minute appearance. Donovan went into further detail about his Reserve League "debut" on the Insider blog.

*With his goal in the 82nd minute, Jack McBean became the Galaxy's Reserve League leading scorer with three goals and one assist in seven appearances. McBean is in a three-way tie for the overall goal scoring lead with Chad Barrett and Jose Villarreal.

*Christian Wilhelmsson went 57 minutes in his second Reserve League match, picking up his second yellow card in a solid performance, playing primarily at left midfield.

*Once again, Rafael Garcia and Kenney Walker formed an accomplished partnership in the center of the midfield for the Galaxy. Should the Galaxy give the two rookie midfielders another look in next week's CONCACAF Champions League match in Puerto Rico? Perhaps.

*Portland's Kris Boyd struggled to get going against Galaxy defenders Andrew Boyens and Tommy Meyer, who blanketed the Scot forward. Curious to see if he stays with the Timbers next season as he seems out of favor at the moment.

*Brian Rowe made his first Reserve League start in goal for the Galaxy and was solid, going 90 minutes and earning a shutout.

*The Timbers featured a pair of guest players, Uruguayan midfielder Pablo Di Fiori and forward Cam Vickers.

*With their win, the Galaxy are just one point behind the San Jose Earthquakes in the West Division standings with 16 and 17 points respectively. Both sides play one more match with the  Earthquakes playing their last reserve match against the Seattle Sounders on September 25th at StarFire Sports Complex, while the Galaxy play their final Reserve League match of the season on October 12th against the Vancouver Whitecaps at The Home Depot Center.

10 September 8:21 pm

In a interview with Time Warner Cable Deportes'  Enrique Gutiérrez, LA Galaxy captain Landon Donovan discusses his game day routine and more.

10 September 5:13 pm

CARSON, Calif. -- Christian Wilhelmsson put in another solid performance in his second Reserve League stint with the LA Galaxy on Monday.

Stationed on the left hand side, the Galaxy's Swedish winger was productive during his 57 minute stint in LA's 4-0 Reserve League victory over the Portland Timbers. Wilhelmsson was unable to get on the score sheet, but was solid creating several chances for LA. But his finest moment came midway through the second half when he tussled with Timbers defender Eric Brunner, a spat that ended with Wilhelmsson knocking Brunner to the ground.

Below are Wilhelmsson's thoughts on the match...

(On his performance…)

WILHELMSSON: “It’s a start, I think that the whole team played a great game. We kept the ball, it’s very hot and we tried to do the job and everyone did their job today so it was a great performance.”

(On whether or not he’ll start on Friday…)

WILHELMSSON: “That I don’t know. I’ve just been here for about a week or ten days so I have to get into it, but I’m trying to work hard and get my fitness up so we’ll see.”

(On his integration…)

WILHELMSSON: “They’re great. They’re all very nice guys so it’s not a problem at all.”

(On settling in Southern California…)

WILHELMSSON: “I’m trying to find a place now, I’m starting to look around and we’ll see what it will be.”

(On his tussle with Brunner…)

WILHELMSSON: “It was just a little bit rompy, but it’s alright. We spoke after and it’s all right. He tried to explain and I tried to explain and it was no big deal.”

(On how close he is to full fitness…)

WILHELMSSON: “I haven’t had a preseason yet so this is my start of it to get in shape. We still have to work on it. Every session and every minute in these games is important to me so I just need to work hard.”

(On whether regaining game fitness is the most important thing for him…)

WILHELMSSON: “Maybe game rhythm, I think. That’s coming slowly and getting there.”

(On his impression when Donovan came in…)

WILHELMSSON: “He’s a great player first of all, he has a lot of these qualities and he’s very smart. I think that they were tired and because we kept the ball, they had to run a lot and that made it easier for us to play in the last 15-20 minutes.”

10 September 2:42 pm

David Beckham made an appearance on the NFL on Fox pregame show on Sunday.

In this skit, comedian Rob Riggle gives his football picks in a luxurious house that turns out to be Beckham's..  Beckham makes an appearance around the 1:32 mark.

Check it out:

10 September 1:58 pm

CARSON, Calif. -- In his first in-game action in a little less than a month, Landon Donovan hardly missed a beat as he tallied a goal and an assist in his first ever Reserve League performance with the LA Galaxy on Monday during LA's 4-0 victory over the Portland Timbers on Monday.

Donovan came on in the 57th minute and wasted no time getting on the scoreboard as in the 60th minute, he sent in a through-ball that found Pat Noonan, who beat Timbers goalkeeper Jake Gleeson for LA's second goal of the afternoon. Noonan would repay the favor in the 65th minute when Donovan played a ball out to Noonan on the left, the forward then crossed a ball into Donovan that he easily finished for the Galaxy's third goal of the game.

Following the match, Donovan told reporters that while he felt "tired and out of shape" -- and will likely take it easier during Tuesday's practice -- that he'll  "be ready for Friday" when the Galaxy host the Colorado Rapids.

Below are Donovan's thoughts from the match:

(On his condition after the game...)

DONOVAN: "It was fun, it was a really good result for us. Those guys [the Reserves] played a game six days ago in San Jose and were pretty disappointed so I thought that the attitude of all those guys was good and a really good win today.

(On his impact on the match in a reserve capacity..)

DONOVAN: "Well, that's your job when you come off the bench. On a day like today, it's a lot easier than normal because it's really hot  and everyone is kind of worn out so if you have any kind of energy then you can make an impact and Pat [Noonan], Jack [McBean] and I were able to do that."

(On being ready for Friday and potentially being 90 minutes fit...)

DONOVAN: "I'll be ready for Friday...That's always dictated by the game, but the thing is, as a forward it's a little easier than if you're in the midfield doing a lot of doggy work. I should be fine."

(On what he liked about his performance...)

DONOVAN: "It's fun to play with a lot of these guys who don't get a chance to get a lot of minutes with the first team and it's nice to have a positive impact. It's nice to try to have a positive impact and I talk to these guys a lot, but it's different when you can show them and I'm glad that Pat and I were able to do that."

(On his play with Noonan...)

DONOVAN: "Like I said, everyone is tired so we're at a big advantage when you come into a game like that. As you can tell, it's really hot today so the majority of the time, you're playing against guys that aren't game fit so we want to take advantage of that and Pat's a good soccer player and knows how to play the game properly."

(On if he's played in a Reserve League match before...)

DONOVAN: "I think that was the first time. Leverkusen, I did. I played in a lot of Reserve League games there. This was my debut and I'm going to go on top with a win."

(On how he decided to play in the Reserve League...)

DONOVAN: "I asked them last week if I was ready if I could play and they wanted to see how I had progressed, I was still not training on Friday or Saturday and on Sunday, I was able to do a little bit. So if I had the chance, I wanted to and Curt [Onalfo] was great and let me play."

(On the condition of his hamstring...)

DONOVAN: "We're getting better. It's a fine line between it being ready enough to play on and not hurting anymore. Right now it's just ready enough to start working on and now we have to be careful with it to get ready for Friday."

10 September 8:25 am

Good Morning, y'all.

I'll have more today from the Reserve League match against the Portland Timbers at 11am. If you're in the neighborhood, be sure to come by and check it out. Before though, here is a video produced by the folks at LAGalaxy.com on the LA Galaxy's "Transfer Game" a heated training exercise for the club.

09 September 4:41 pm

The LA Galaxy Under-18's earned their first victory of the U.S. Soccer Development Academy season while the Under-16's picked up their second straight draw in matches against the Portland Timbers Academy on Sunday at The Home Depot Center.

In the first match of the morning, the U-18's picked up a 2-0 victory over the Timbers U-18's with William Raygoza (El Monte, Calif.) and Aaron Lombardi (Irvine, Calif.) scoring for LA. Meanwhile, in the second match, the Galaxy U-16's picked up a 1-1 draw with Steve Martinez (Los Angeles, Calif.) scoring for LA while Reid Baez scored for the Timbers.

Both Galaxy Academy sides return to action on September 22nd in Riverside Community College against Temecula-based youth club Arsenal FC.

09 September 10:47 am

Good Morning everyone,

Today, the National Football League kicks into full swings. You can bet that members of the LA Galaxy will be watching. Just a sampling of some of the favorite teams of the players and coaching staff: Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, New York Jets, New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys  San Francisco 49ers and Washington Redskins, among others.

Back to MLS news:

The San Jose Earthquakes clinched a spot in the 2012 MLS Playoffs on Saturday by virtue of the Seattle Sounders come from behind 2-1 victory over Chivas USA  at CenturyLink Field. The Earthquakes' qualification equaled the record for earliest qualification -- along with the 2011 LA Galaxy and 1996 DC United -- while the league had 12 teams. San Jose is currently in the pole position for the Supporters' Shield at the moment as they sit three points ahead of Sporting Kansas City with seven games to play. The Galaxy still face San Jose one last time this year in their penultimate league game of the season on October 21st at Buck Shaw Stadium.

If you haven't read my feature story on Jose Villarreal, please do so and remember to check out the addendum on the LA Galaxy Insider blog

I'll have more from today's Galaxy Academy match against the Portland Timbers later on in the day. For a recap of Saturday's matches against the Seattle Sounders Academy, check out my recap here