WHO: Designed for dedicated soccer players that want to improve dramatically.
WHAT: 8 weekly, 1-hour intensive instructional small group lessons
WHERE: LA Galaxy Soccer Center, Torrance, CA
WHEN: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5-6PM or 6-7PM
AGES: 6-14 year old boys and girls
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner to Competitive
Small Group Lesson Information
LA Galaxy Skills Training is designed by Curt Onalfo, the Head Coach LA Galaxy II & Assistant Coach of the LA Galaxy. Each 8-week program is comprised of a 1-hour per week, intense skills training session to help DRAMATICALLY improve each player’s technical skills on the ball. The small group approach allows EACH player to get individualized attention by creating a 1-to-8 ratio of player to coach with an emphasis on maximizing the amount of touches on the ball for each player while still allowing for tactical instruction because of the small groups in each session. It is remarkable how much our players have improved. Players that have been attending multiple programs per year have become some of the most skillful players in the area.
Every player is challenged and put through a fierce curriculum designed to improve confidence with the soccer ball at the player’s feet:
- LA Galaxy II Head Coach Curt Onalfo World Class Staff includes current LAGII professional players and other top coaches in the South Bay area
- Maximize touches on the ball – 1000 ball touches per lesson
- Develop exceptional skills and become a standout player
- Ace your tryouts!
- Beat your player one vs. one
- Score more goals
- Learn how to "bend it like Beckham”
- Improve your 1v1 defending
- Improve your Heading
- Introduction to Leadership, Visualization, Mental Preparation and Goal-Setting Techniques
Our goal is to give each player the skills to succeed.
"I personally guarantee your child will walk away from our intensive small group skills lessons a much better soccer player!" - Curt Onalfo
Each player will receive:
- LA Galaxy Skills Training Colored T-shirts
- Each player receives a colored T-shirt at the completion of each 8-week Program.
- White, then Yellow, Orange, Purple, Green, Blue, Brown, Red and finally Black (similar to how belts are awarded in Karate)
About Curt Onalfo
25 years of coaching experience
- Current LA Galaxy Assistant & LA Galaxy II Head Coach
- Head Coach Sporting KC and DC United, MLS 2007-2010
- MLS Cup Champion 1999, 2011, 2012
- MLS Reserve League Champion 2012, 2013
- 1992 Olympian Barcelona, Spain
- Assistant Coach USA Men's National Team 2002-2006
- MLS Player for LA Galaxy, San Jose and DC United 1996-2000
- National Champion 1989 University of Virginia
- U20 Youth World Cup 1989