Fans are encouraged to arrive early for MLS Cup 2011 at The Home Depot Center
CARSON, Calif. (Saturday, November 19, 2011) – The LA Galaxy are encouraging fans to arrive early at The Home Depot Center for tomorrow’s sold out MLS Cup 2011. A capacity crowd is expected for the game which will see the Galaxy take on the Houston Dynamo at 6 p.m. Heavy traffic and congested streets are anticipated around the stadium for this event. The LA Galaxy, The Home Depot Center and the city of Carson advise all those attending the game to arrive at The Home Depot Center by 4 p.m. to help avoid traffic delays.
The pregame festivities for MLS Cup 2011 begin at 2 p.m. with Soccer Celebration. Located outside of the north end of the stadium next to Lot 13, Soccer Celebration will feature live music, food and beverage vendors, plus current MLS players and past legends signing autographs and much more. Additionally, the Philip F. Anschutz trophy, which will be given to the winning team on Sunday, will be on display from 2-4:30 p.m.
Select parking lots at The Home Depot Center will open starting at 1 p.m., for fans to enjoy Soccer Celebration, while all parking lots will be open by 4 p.m. Fans can begin entering the stadium at 4 p.m., with Galaxy Season Ticket Holder gates opening at 3:45 p.m. Will Call at the Southwest Box Office will open at 10 a.m., as will the TeamLA store.
Alternatively, the Galaxy and The Home Depot Center recommend that fans consider carpooling or utilizing alternate means of transportation. Information on free offsite parking and the free spectator shuttle bus from the South Bay Pavilion and Artesia Transit Station is below.
Getting to The Home Depot Center:
- Click here for directions to The Home Depot Center
- Click here for Freeway Access Map (I changed the link on this)
- Shuttle to the Stadium: The South Bay Pavilion and Artesia Transit Center are quick and convenient alternatives to parking at The Home Depot Center. Shuttle Buses from the South Bay Pavilion will operate from the North and East sides of the Sears stores, located at 20700 S. Avalon Blvd. in Carson (cross street is Del Amo Blvd.), to the turnaround of the Southwest Gate at The Home Depot Center. Shuttle Buses from the Artesia Transit Center will operate continuously from the transit center, located at 731 W 182nd Street in Harbor Gateway (cross street is Hoover St.), to Gate E at The Home Depot Center. The bus ride to and from the stadium will take about 10 minutes along a special designated route. All buses are wheelchair and handicap accessible. The shuttles will begin at 2 p.m. and run continuously until one hour after the end of the game.
- Taxis: Guests may be dropped off and picked up at The Home Depot Center at Gate A, located off of Avalon Blvd., between University Ave. and Victoria. Guests will see a sign posted on the far right of the inbound lane to Gate A for drop-off and pick-ups. Guests may also find cabs at this location before and after an event.
- Click here for a Parking Map of The Home Depot Center
- Parking costs: $20 for general, $40 for preferred and $60 for valet.
- Select Parking lots open at 1 p.m. (Gates A and D). All remaining parking lots will be open at 4 p.m.
- Pre-paid parking pass holders are encouraged to enter the facility at Gate C or Gate D off of Victoria Street. Only passes with the current match date, or “Bonus Game 1” for Galaxy Season Ticket Holders will be valid. Fans that do not have pre-paid parking passes should use parking entrances off of University Dr. or Central Ave. Avoid using Avalon Blvd. and Victoria St.
- Handicap parking: Designated parking is available for guests with disabilities at The Home Depot Center, including van accessible spaces. These spaces are reserved for vehicles displaying a current state issued disability placard or license plate. Please contact Guest Services for more information regarding parking access for guests with disabilities at 310-630-2055.
- Tailgating is prohibited at The Home Depot Center and on the campus of California State University, Dominguez Hills.