Parking Advisory for Thursday’s friendly with Real Madrid
CARSON, Calif. (Wednesday, August 1, 2012) – The LA Galaxy are urging fans to arrive early and use public transportation for the club’s friendly with Real Madrid on Thursday night at The Home Depot Center. The game is scheduled to kick off at 7:30 p.m. and a capacity crowd of more than 30,000 fans is expected for the game, which features the reigning MLS Cup champions hosting the reigning La Liga champions.
In an effort to assure that all fans are able to get into the stadium in a timely and efficient manner all stadium gates will open to fans at 5 p.m. As an added incentive to fans who arrive early, The Home Depot Center will be selling $2 hot dogs and $5 beers from the time the gates open until 6 p.m. at select concession stands on both sides of the stadium.
As a result of the expected sell out crowd, which will include temporary bleachers in the northwest, northeast and southeast corners of the stadium, taking the stadium’s capacity to over 30,000, and the Thursday night rush hour traffic, the Galaxy have worked with the South Bay Pavilion and the Artesia Transit Center to provide free shuttles to the stadium from those locations. Shuttle buses will begin running from Artesia at 10 a.m. while the last bus will leave The Home Depot Center at 3 a.m. on Friday morning. South Bay Pavilion shuttles will run from 4:30 p.m. on Thursday until 1 a.m. pm Friday. Parking at both locations is free and please click here for more information about each location.
Fans that have already purchased parking passes for the game are asked to enter through the gate assigned to their specific parking lot. All fans that have passes for Lot 10 or Lot 11 are asked to enter through Gate B off Avalon Blvd., Lot 12 passes are asked to enter through Gate C off Victoria St. while those with Lot 15 passes and fans looking to valet park their cars can enter through Gate A off of Avalon Blvd.
General lot parking passes will cost $20 for the game while preferred passes cost $40 and valet parking is $60.
Getting to The Home Depot Center:
- Click here for directions to The Home Depot Center
- Shuttle to the Stadium: The South Bay Pavilion and Artesia Transit Center are quick and convenient alternatives to parking at The Home Depot Center. Shuttle Buses from the South Bay Pavilion (located at 20700 S. Avalon Blvd. in Carson; cross street is Del Amo Blvd.) will operate from 4:30 p.m. on Thursday to 1 a.m. on Friday morning. The South Bay Pavilion shuttle dropoff/pickup location at The Home Depot Center is the turnaround of the Southwest Gate. Shuttle Buses from Artesia Transit Center (located at 731 W 182nd Street in Harbor Gateway; cross street is Hoover St.) will run from 10:00 a.m. on Thursday to 3 a.m. on Friday and will pick up and drop off riders at The Home Depot Center’s Southeast Pedestrian Entry next to the rose garden.
- Click here for a Parking Map of The Home Depot Center
- Parking costs: $20 for general, $40 for preferred and $60 for valet.
- Select Parking lots open at 12 p.m. (Gates A and D). Gates B and C open at 5 p.m.
- Pre-paid parking pass holders are asked to enter through the gate assigned to their specific parking lots. All fans with passes for Lot 10 or Lot 11 are asked to enter through Gate B off Avalon Blvd., Lot 12 pass holders are asked to enter through Gate C off Victoria St. while those with Lot 15 passes and fans looking to valet park their cars can enter through Gate A off of Avalon Blvd. Only parking passes for August 2, 2012 will be valid. Fans without pre-paid parking passes who intend to park on The Home Depot Center campus should use parking entrances off of University Dr. or Central Ave. and avoid using Avalon Blvd. and Victoria St.
- Handicap parking: Designated parking is available for guests with disabilities at The Home Depot Center, including van accessible spaces. These spaces are reserved for vehicles displaying a current state issued disability placard or license plate. Please contact Guest Services for more information regarding parking access for guests with disabilities at 310-630-2055.
- Tailgating is prohibited at The Home Depot Center and on the campus of California State University, Dominguez Hills.
For more information about Thursday’s game against Real Madrid, please click here.