CARSON, Calif. -- Following the lead of his representatives, David Beckham himself shot down reports linking him with a potential move to Australia.
Word came on Friday morning in Australia after the Football Federation of Australia issued a press release stating that there had been contact between Beckham's representatives and the federation. However, Beckham's represenatives were quick to deny the reports hours later stating that the LA Galaxy midfielder has "no plans" to play in Australia.
After the Galaxy's final training session in California on Friday ahead of the Western Conference Championship Second Leg against Seattle Sounders FC at CenturyLink Field, Beckham shot down the rumor.
"Bruce [Arena] told me this morning, this the first that I've heard about it," said Beckham, who was interjected with by a Arena, who said 'we booked his ticket already. "Like I said, that's the first that I've heard about it this morning, definitely, not true."