The LA Galaxy stand with communities of color, and especially the Black community, in the fight against systemic racism, social inequality, bigotry and violence.
In response to the murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and countless other black citizens at the hands of police, the LA Galaxy have participated in Blackout Tuesday on social media in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
Now is the time to reflect on our role in helping to fight racism in our community.
Listed below are resources the LAGalaxy.com staff has compiled designed to educate about social justice and to help reconnect with our community, as well as organizations to support during these difficult times.
Additionally, the LA Galaxy are pleased to participate in AEG’s newly announced African-American focused Employee Network Group that will work across the company to assist in our corporate diversity initiatives through idea sharing and dialogue while enhancing our culture of inclusion from our fan base and community involvement to employee recruitment and engagement.
- The Anti-Racist Reading List by Ibram X. Kendi
- USWNT Roundtable: Players share their perspectives on racism from The Athletic
- How Latinx People Can Fight Anti-Black Racism in Our Own Culture from Teen Vogue
- Anti-racism resources for white people
- White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk about Racism
- Visit Movement For Black Lives for additional ways you can help the cause
- Link to email Minneapolis Public Officials
- Here's a list of more than 85 black-owned food businesses in LA from the LA Times
- These black-owned restaurants and shops are open for business from LA Magazine
- A list of black-owned book shops open across California
- USWNT roundtable: Players share their thoughts, experiences on racism in America
- Support Black Arrow FC, the first lifestyle brand focusing on the intersection of soccer and black culture
- Help the family of George Floyd HERE.
- Fight for Breonna Taylor HERE.
- Help the family of Ahmaud Arbery
- Want to help protesters? Donate to one or more community bail funds
- Black Lives Matter LA
- NAACP Legal Defense
- Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment
- Black Visions Collective
- National Bail Fund Network
- Campaign Zero
- Until Freedom is an organization designed to connect with leaders building grass roots campaigns