LA Galaxy II (1-6-3, 6 points) hit the road in search of another three points, taking on Rio Grande Valley FC Toros (1-3-6, 9 points) at 5:00 p.m. PT on Wednesday, May 23 at H-E-B Park in Edinburg, Tex. The match will be streamed on ESPN+.
Los Dos are back in action after a disappointing result on the road last week against Portland Timbers 2. Efrain Alvarez added two more goals to his scoring streak, totaling six goals in the last three games. Miguel Aguilar also contributed to the scoreline with his first professional goal for LA Galaxy II. But, these efforts were not enough and Portland Timbers 2 left the contest with all three points.
Rio Grande Valley will be Galaxy II's next chance to get their first away win of the 2018 season, with the team going 0-5-1 on the road so far this campaign. Galaxy II earned two victories and a draw against the Toros last year.
This will be the third straight game at home for Rio Grande Valley FC, with a 0-0 draw against Swope Park Rangers and a 0-0 draw against San Antonio FC in the rearview.
Portland Timbers 2 7 | LA Galaxy II 3: Los Dos had a disappointing result after Alvarez and Aguilar scored three goals early in the second half to even the scoreline.
Rio Grande Valley FC 0 | Swope Park Rangers 0: RGV FC held a strong defensive front to keep SPR from scoring, which led to a 0-0 draw at home.
Rio Grande Valley FC 1, LA Galaxy II 1 | May 20, 2017 at H-E-B Park
Rio Grande Valley FC 0, LA Galaxy II 1 | June 17, 2017 at H-E-B Park
LA Galaxy II 1, Rio Grande Valley FC 0 | Aug. 3, 2017 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium
LA Galaxy II: 8-19-5, 29 points
Rio Grande Valley FC: 9-15-8, 35 points
- LA Galaxy II (1-6-3, 6 points) let a second half comeback slip into a 7-3 loss to Portland Timbers 2 (6-3-2, 20 points) on May 18 at Providence Park in Portland, Ore.
- LA Galaxy II are now 0-5-1 away from home in 2018.
- Alvarez has scored in back-to-back games, with six goals combined in his last three matches.
- LA Galaxy II went 2-0-1 against Rio Grande Valley FC in 2017.
- Julian Büscher, Nate Shultz and Miguel Aguilar co-lead LA Galaxy II in assists this season (2).
- Alvarez leads LA Galaxy II in goals this season (6).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2017 season with a 4-8-4 home record and a 4-11-1 away record.
- Next, LA Galaxy II will return home to face Las Vegas Lights FC at 7:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, May 26 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium. Tickets to that match are now on sale here.