LA Galaxy II (3-2-0, 9 points) travel to Texas to face off against San Antonio FC (1-3-1, 4 points) at Toyota Field on Saturday, April 13 at 5:30 p.m. PT. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
LA Galaxy II are 1-2-3 all-time against San Antonio FC and are 1-2-0 at Toyota Field. Their last trip to San Antonio on August 4, 2018 resulted in a 2-1 loss for Los Dos. Frank Lopez scored the Galaxy's lone goal in stoppage time.
San Antonio FC has had a slow start the season, only recording four points in March. They earned their first win of the year last weekend with a 2-1 victory over Las Vegas Lights FC on April 6. San Antonio had previously lost three straight games, against USL expansion side Austin Bold FC, Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC and Portland Timbers 2.
“San Antonio’s record doesn’t dictate how good they are because they are a very good team with a lot of experience, a well-coached team,” said Head Coach Mike Muñoz. “If we focus on us, we know we can be dangerous in the attack and we know that we can limit the opportunities that the opposition gets.”
This will be a good opportunity for Los Dos to make things right on the road. In their most recent match away from home, LA Galaxy II fell 5-0 to Real Monarchs SLC after going down a man in the second half. But the Galaxy have also experienced success travelling, earning their first shutout win of the season against Tacoma Defiance on Saturday, March 16.
Over the weekend, LA Galaxy II strung together their second consecutive win at home against Tulsa Roughnecks FC. In the match, Ethan Zubak and Kai Koreniuk both tallied braces to lead their side to a 4-2 victory. Koreniuk was voted USL Championship Player of the Week for his efforts in the match. With the victory, Los Dos hit the road with a boost of confidence.
LA Galaxy II 4 | Tulsa Roughnecks FC 2: LA Galaxy II recorded a big win at home with a 4-2 victory over Tulsa Roughnecks. In the match, Ethan Zubak and Kai Koreniuk recorded braces, with Koreniuk scoring his first goal since joining Los Dos.
San Antonio FC 2 | Las Vegas Lights FC 1: San Antonio FC were on the board first when Bradford Jamieson IV, on loan from the LA Galaxy, scored his first goal of the season. San Antonio scored a second goal in the 83rdminute to secure their first win of the season.
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
San Antonio FC: 14-12-8, 50 points
LA Galaxy II 0 | San Antonio FC 0 | March 31, 2018 at Dignity Health Sports Park
San Antonio FC 2 | LA Galaxy II 1 | August 4, 2018 at Toyota Field
- LA Galaxy II are coming off of back-to-back wins after securing a 4-2 victory over Tulsa Roughnecks FC on Saturday, April 6.
- LA Galaxy II are 2-1-0 at home and 1-1-0 on the road in 2019.
- San Antonio FC are 1-1-1 at home this season.
- LA Galaxy II sit in 5thin the USL Championship Western Conference standings, 10 spots above San Antonio FC.
- Forward Ethan Zubak recorded a brace and an assist in the match against Tulsa.
- Midfielder Kai Koreniuk recorded his first goal with LA Galaxy II and also tallied a brace and assist against Tulsa.
- Koreniuk was voted USL Championship Player of the Week for his performance against Tulsa Roughnecks.
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- In their next match, LA Galaxy II will return to Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium to host Rio Grande Valley FC Toros on Wednesday, April 24 at 7:30 p.m. PT (broadcast live on ESPN+).