IMPORTANT UPDATE JUNE 26, 2020:
The LA Galaxy send our best wishes to you and your family during these challenging times. We understand the importance of transparency and we want to share some updates about the 2020 LA Galaxy II tryouts. The health and safety of all participants is our number one priority. After conversations with both our club and hosting facilities, we have made the decision to reschedule all tryouts to a fall date to be determined. If you have previously registered, no action is needed at this time. Your registration will automatically be transferred to a new tryout date in the fall. Once we are safely able to host tryouts and new dates have been confirmed, you will be notified of the registration process. For those who have already registered and would like to discuss any other possible accommodations, including the possibility of obtaining a refund, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support and patience!
--Wes Meadows, Sr. Manager Programming & Fan Development
** COVID-19 STATEMENT: Should the tryout be cancelled in accordance with local government guidelines and policies, participants will receive a full refund of the registration. LA Galaxy will not be responsible for reimbursement of any travel or accommodation costs should the event be cancelled. It is recommended to wait until a minimum of 30 days prior to the tryout to book your travel and accommodation. If there are any doubts as to whether the tryout will go ahead, please email email@example.com for confirmation.
To receive additional information on our upcoming Galaxy II tryouts, please fill out this form.
The technical staff will choose participants from the open tryouts for further evaluation. The LA Galaxy will arrange a flight, hotel, and food for the chosen players, who will train with LA Galaxy coaches during the week of their stay. LA Galaxy will select players from this training to extend their trials with LA Galaxy II, for a chance to earn a professional contract.
Full details for LA Galaxy II Open Tryouts are as follows
- Participants must be male and between 17 - 25 years old.
- The tryout will consist of each participant playing in two (2) 60-minute, 11v11 soccer matches to impress the LA Galaxy II scouting staff. One game per day of the tryout event.
- The registration fee for one (1) open tryout event is $185.
- In addition to the registration fee of $185, participants are responsible for all airfare, incurred travel costs, food and transportation to that specific event. Also, note that LA Galaxy II will not help with Visa’s or letters of invitation.
- Players must come prepared for the tryouts with their own boots, socks, shorts, gloves, shin pads or any other equipment related to their position.
- LA Galaxy II will provide two (2) numbered t-shirts to wear during your games. You will wear your own black socks/shorts with the navy shirt and your own white socks/shorts with the white shirt.
- Teams will be constructed randomly according to players preferred positions.
- Your kickoff times will be emailed to you one week prior to the start of the open tryout date.
- You must play in the position you register for.
- No transfers to a different tryout will be allowed within 30 days of your original start date.
- Refunds will only be issued in the event the tryout is canceled.
For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.