After opening the 2017 season with an impressive 2-0 shutout win at home against Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2 nearly a month ago, Los Dos have lost three straight games in the regular season early going. On Saturday, they’ll try to right the ship when they face Orange County Soccer Club at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium. The match kicks off at 7:30 p.m. PT and will be broadcast live on www.lagalaxy.com/2.
With a dedicated effort to increase the inclusion of the organization’s younger and Academy talent, LA Galaxy II and Head Coach Mike Muñoz will continue to have plenty of adversity to conquer on gamedays for the results to turn their way. In their most recent match against Seattle Sounders FC 2 at home, Los Dos’ starting lineup averaged the age of 20.5 years old – by far one of the youngest rosters in a league of grown soccer players.
Leading the way for Los Dos so far has been 19-year-old forward Ethan Zubak, who’s scored twice in four games for Los Dos. The young forward scored twice in 22 appearances across 2016, showing noticeable improvement and growth on his abilities just one season ago. Zubak and fellow forward Adonis Amaya, the only two players to have started each game this season for Los Dos, continue to foster their chemistry on LA Galaxy II’s front line, each scoring a goal in Los Dos’ past two outings.
LA saw Orange County three times in the 2016 season, going 1-1-1 with the southern Californian rival. In the two sides’ last meeting at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium (July 2), Adonis Amaya and Jack McBean tallied one goal each to top OC 2-1. The last time they met (Aug. 20), LA fell 2-0 to Orange County at Anteater Stadium.
· LA Galaxy II (1-3-0, 3 points) currently sit 12th in the USL Western Conference standings.
· LA went 1-1-1 in three meetings against Orange County Blues FC in 2016. LA were an unbeaten 1-0-1 in home games.
· In a 1-1 draw on April 8, 2016 at StubHub Center, Jose Villarreal scored the first goal of the match. In Los Dos’ 2-1 on July 2, Adonis Amaya opened the scoring and Jack McBean netted the game winner.
· In their last match at StubHub Center, LA Galaxy II fell 2-1 to Seattle Sounders FC 2 on April 15.
· For their match against Seattle, Los Dos’ Starting XI averaged an age of 20.5 years old.
· Ethan Zubak leads all LA Galaxy II goal scorers with two goals in four games. He scored two goals in 22 appearances last season.
· Ethan Zubak and Adonis Amaya are the only two players to have started each game of the 2017 season for Los Dos.
· Former LA Galaxy II Head Coach Curt Onalfo was named LA Galaxy Head Coach on Dec. 13, 2016. Mike Muñoz was named LA Galaxy II Head Coach on Jan. 12, 2017.
· LA Galaxy II finished the 2016 USL Regular Season 12-7-11 (47 points).
· Orange County Blues FC finished the 2016 USL Regular Season 12-14-4 (40 points).
· LA Galaxy II led the Western Conference in goals in 2016 (52).
· Next, LA Galaxy II face Orange County SC again on Saturday, May 6 at Orange County Great Park. The match will kick off at 5:00 p.m. PT and steamed live on LAGalaxy.com/2.