Herbalife is the sports nutrition and presenting partner for the LA Galaxy. Herbalife Dietitians work closely with the LA Galaxy technical staff to make sure we are maximizing their nutrition to support performance goals.
What is Herbalife24® CR7 Drive?1
Herbalife24® CR7 Drive is an carbohydrate blend with electrolytes in a powder format that can be added to water to make your own sports drink to be consumed prior to or during exercise in order to maximize your workout and support top performance.
CR7 Drive is specially formulated to fuel your workouts and enhance hydration, metabolism, and energy. With a light Acai Berry flavor and no artificial flavors or sweeteners, CR7 is NSF tested and Certified for Sport®* so you can rest assured it will provide you with meet label claims and will be clean of athletic-banned substances.
You can customize your CR7 Drive sports drink to your individual needs in order to support both shorter or lighter workouts (use 1-2 scoops in 8 to 16 fl oz of water) and more intense training sessions (use 3-4 scoops in 24 fl oz of water).
Key Benefits of Herbalife24® CR7 Drive1
- Enhances hydration with 320 mg of vital electrolytes (magnesium, sodium, and potassium) lost during exercise
- Brain-fueling glucose helps promote quick and accurate game-time decision-making
- Easy-to-digest carbohydrate blend helps fuel muscles and support the athlete with both immediate and sustained energy
- Enhances hydration during exercise
LA Galaxy Watermelon Lime Electrolyte Frozen Drink Recipe
The electrolyte frozen drinks we provide at the LA Galaxy rotate in flavors on a daily basis. The players and coaches have enjoyed a variety of flavors including strawberry lemonade, passionfruit orange guava, tangerine dream, black cherry, pineapple, and more. Each recipe consists of a blend of fresh pureed fruits and juices and Herbalife24® CR7 Drive with electrolytes.
One of the major crowd favorites has been our Watermelon Lime Electrolyte Frozen Drink. You can find the LA Galaxy recipe for this delicious frozen drink below, so you can fuel and hydrate just like the players.
Frozen Drink Machine Recipe:
Serves 28 8oz portions
- 5 qt pureed watermelon
- 1 qt fresh lime juice
- 1 qt water
- 30 scoops Herbalife24® CR7 Drive with electrolytes powder
- Set up frozen drink machine and make sure it is turned off.
- Combine pureed watermelon, lime juice, water, and Herbalife24® CR7 Drive in a frozen drink machine, mixing well.
- Turn on frozen drink machine, and allow 2-3 hours for the liquid mixture to become a slushy consistency. Enjoy!
If you do not have a frozen drink machine, you can make your own electrolyte frozen drink in a blender as outlined below.
- 3/4 cup pureed watermelon, or about 1 cup chopped watermelon
- 2 1/4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 scoop Herbalife24® CR7 Drive with electrolytes powder
- In a blender, add the pureed watermelon, lime juice, Herbalife 24 CR7 Drive with electrolytes powder, and just enough ice to be level with the top of the liquid.
- Blend on high for about 10 seconds.
- Check the consistency. Add more ice and blend again, if needed. Enjoy!
Per serving, this electrolyte frozen drink recipe provides approximately:1,2
- 105 calories
- 28g carbs
- 1g protein
- 137mg sodium
- 295mg potassium
- 75mg magnesium
- 3mcg vitamin B12
*Certified for Sport® is a registered trademark of NSF International.
1. Herbalife24® CR7 Drive: Acai Berry. Herbalife.com. Accessed August 15, 2023. https://www.herbalife.com/products/herbalife24-cr7-drive-acai-berry/.
2. U.S. Department of Agriculture. Watermelon, raw. FoodData Central. April 1, 2019. https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/167765/nutrients.