LA Galaxy II (2-2-0, 6 points) host Tulsa Roughnecks FC (3-1-1, 10 points) at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium on Saturday, April 6 at 7 p.m. PT. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+. Tickets to the match are available here.
Los Dos will look to build momentum after securing their first win at home of 2019 against Portland Timbers 2 on Saturday, March 30. In the match, Tomas Hilliard-Arce recorded a brace with two headers, including the game-winning goal in the 90th minute. Galaxy II’s captain Geoffrey Acheampong also contributed to the score line with a header.
LA Galaxy II will be tasked with a difficult defensive test as they go up against Tulsa Roughnecks FC this weekend. The Roughnecks are the top scoring team in the USL Championship with 13 goals and sit top of the table in the Western Conference. Los Dos showed improvement defensively against Portland Timbers 2 and will look to repeat a solid defensive performance against a hot Tulsa side.
“Tulsa right now is top of the table in the West,” said LA Galaxy II Head Coach Mike Muñoz. “They’ve brought a lot of new faces into their squad this year, but our guys are hungry.”
Tulsa Roughnecks are coming off of back-to-back wins at home. The first came against Tacoma Defiance, in which the Roughnecks recorded their first clean sheet of the 2019 with a 4-0 victory. Most recently, they secured a 2-1 victory over Rio Grande Valley FC Toros at ONEOK Field. On the road, Tulsa has found split results, with their only loss of the season coming against USL expansion side New Mexico United at Isotopes Park.
Last year, LA Galaxy II and Tulsa Roughnecks exchanged three points at their own respective home stadiums. When Tulsa visited the Galaxy for the sides’ first meeting of 2018 on June 2, Los Dos secured their first shutout win of the season. Former LA Galaxy II player Miguel Aguilar scored the team’s lone goal of the match.
LA Galaxy II 3 | Portland Timbers 2 2: LA Galaxy II recorded their first win at home of 2019.Three headers from Los Dos, including a game-winning goal in the 90thminute by Tomas Hilliard-Arce,secured all three points against the visiting Portland Timbers 2.
Tulsa Roughnecks FC 2 | Rio Grande Valley FC 1: Tulsa Roughnecks FC were on the board first after converting a penalty kick in the 19thminute. Right before halftime, Tulsa recorded their second goal. Rio Grande Valley FC were able to bring themselves within one in the second half but could not find an equalizer.
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
Tulsa Roughnecks FC: 3-19-12, 21 points
LA Galaxy II 1, Tulsa Roughnecks FC 0 | June 2, 2018 at Dignity Health Sports Park
Tulsa Roughnecks FC 2, LA Galaxy II 0 | June 27, 2018 at ONEOK Field
- LA Galaxy II secured their first win at home of 2019 with a 3-2 victory over Portland Timbers 2 on Saturday, March 30.
- Tomas Hilliard-Arce and Emil Cuello were named to USL Championship Team of the Week for their performance in Los Dos’ victory against Portland Timbers 2.
- Ernesto Walker recorded his first goal with LA Galaxy II against Tacoma Defiance.
- Augustine Williams recorded his first brace with LA Galaxy II against Tacoma Defiance.
- Geoffrey Acheampong scored the Galaxy’s first goal of 2019 against Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC and was assisted by Ernesto Walker.
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- Frank Lopez led the team in goals in 2018 (13).
- Diedie Traore led LA Galaxy II in assists in 2018 (5).
- Next, LA Galaxy II will host Tulsa Roughnecks at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium on Saturday, April 6 at 7 p.m. PT (broadcast live on ESPN+). Tickets to the match are available here.