LA Galaxy II (5-2-7, 22 points) drew 0-0 with Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC (7-2-2, 23 points) on Saturday night at the StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium. It was Los Dos’ fourth shutout of the season and their third at StubHub Center.
Colorado Springs, one of the league’s best defensive sides, started the match strong holding Los Dos, the league’s best offensive side, to a scoreless first half. It was only the second time Los Dos have been shutout in the first half at StubHub Center this season.
Los Dos picked up the pressure early in the second half and nearly opened the game up when a rocket from Galaxy II forward Jack McBean stunned the crossbar in the 53rd minute. LA Galaxy II dominated possession and created chances, but ultimately, Colorado Springs stood firm and collected the shutout on the road.
Colorado Springs is one of only three teams in the Western Conference to allow an average of less than one goal per game. It was LA’s fourth shutout of the season; Clement Diop was in net for each of them.
LA Galaxy II’s point earned at home on Saturday drops them to fourth place in the Western Conference standings after Rio Grande Valley earned a 3-0 win over Oklahoma City Energy FC also on Saturday.
Next, Los Dos make the long journey east to take on Tulsa Roughnecks FC at ONEOK Stadium in Tulsa, Okla. on Friday, June 17 at 5:30 p.m. PT. For the full LA Galaxy II schedule, please visit www.lagalaxy.com/schedule/2.
LA – none
COS – none
LA Galaxy II Starting XI: Clement Diop; Josh Turnley, Jeff Payeras, Lee Nishanian, Nathan Smith; Alejandro Covarrubias, Ryo Fujii (Adonis Amaya 72’), Jaime Villarreal (AJ Vergara 90’) , Adrian Vera (Bryam Rebellon 62’); Ethan Zubak, Jack McBean ©.
Substitutions not used: Bennett Sneddon, Alex Ramos, Hugo Arellano, Christian Onalfo
- LA Galaxy II (5-2-7, 22 points) drew 0-0 with Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC (7-2-2, 23 points) on Saturday night at the StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium.
- The shutout was Los Dos’ fourth of the season, their third at StubHub Center. They’ve only been shut out twice in 2016.
- Los Dos are 4-1-4 at StubHub Center in 2016. Colorado Springs is 3-2-1 on the road.
- Los Dos lead the USL in goals scored (27). They are the only team in the USL to average more than two goals per game.
- Forward Jack McBean leads the USL in goals scored (11). Jose Villarreal is T-7 with 5 goals.
- Jaime Villarreal is the only player on Los Dos to have featured in each match of the 2016 season (14).
- In their first meeting of the season on May 4, Los Dos defeated Switchbacks FC 3-2 on May 4 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium behind a hat trick from Jack McBean.
- Next, Los Dos make the long journey east to take on Tulsa Roughnecks FC at ONEOK Stadium in Tulsa, Okla. on Friday, June 17. Kickoff is set for 5:30 p.m. PT.
- For a full LA Galaxy II schedule, visit www.lagalaxy.com/2.