LOS ANGELES (Friday, Sept. 22, 2017) – A four-game road swing continues when LA Galaxy II (7-15-5, 26 points) travel to face Tulsa Roughnecks FC (12-11-4, 39 points) at 5 p.m. PT on Saturday, Sept. 23 at ONEOK Stadium in Tulsa (streamed live and for free on LAGalaxy.com/2).
Los Dos get Tulsa Roughnecks FC for the second time this season, looking to settle the score with the Midwest side after a 2-2 draw at StubHub Center on July 13. LA Galaxy II’s leading goal scorers, Justin Dhillon (6) and Adrian Vera (5), scored in the first half of the match, but Los Dos conceded two second half goals leaving the night with only a point.
Tulsa currently sits 7th in the USL Western Conference standings, with plenty of teams in striking distance to take their playoff spot. On Saturday, they return home after a six-game road trip, on which they went 2-2-2. At home they are 8-4-0, while winning four of their last five games at ONEOK Stadium. They are led in goal scoring by Ian Svantesson (11), who scored in his team’s draw against the Los Dos.
The road has been where LA Galaxy II have shown best this season, earning a 4-7-1 record so far. They are 2-0-2 in their last four road games. Former D.C. United midfielder Miguel Aguilar is close to return and would be a needed boost to the team, as is the recovery from injury for Josh Turnley and Justin Dhillon. Adonis Amaya and Robert Castellanos remain sidelined to injury.
After Saturday, the Midwest road trip continues, as Los Dos visit Swope Park Rangers on Wednesday, Sept. 27 followed by a return trip to Oklahoma the next Sunday, facing OKC Energy FC. After that, they’ll return for their final home game on Saturday, Oct. 7 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium.
- In their last match, LA Galaxy II fell 2-1 to Sacramento Republic FC on Saturday, Sept. 16 at Papa Murphy Park in Sacramento.
- LA Galaxy II are 4-7-1 on the road this season. Tulsa are 8-4-0 at home.
- They are 2-0-2 in their last four road matches.
- Justin Dhillon (6) and Adrian Vera (5) lead the team in goals this season.
- Ethan Zubak leads the team with 3 assists.
- Next, Los Dos travel to face Swope Park Rangers at 5:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, Sept. 27 at Swope Park Village in Kansas City.