The LA Galaxy II Midwestern road tour continues at 5:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, Sept. 27 in Kansas City when Los Dos are in town to face Swope Park Rangers at Swope Park Village (streamed live and for free on LAGalaxy.com/2).
Los Dos resume regular season play with their second meeting of the season against SPR, their first time back to Kansas City since falling to the home side there in the first round of the 2016 USL Cup Playoffs. This year, Swope Park handed LA a 1-0 loss at home on June 30. With a win Wednesday, LA Galaxy II would collect its 50th win in club history.
The Galaxy will be looking to snap a four-game winless streak on Wednesday, a streak that’s stunted their success in the second half of the season. LA had gone 4-3-3 in a span of two months to end the summer, but have gone 0-3-1 in their last four outings.
The club has been sharper defensively in the second half of the campaign, going 12 straight games without conceding more than two goals. Since July 13, the team has cut its Goals Against Average in half, from 2.35 to 1.16.
They are 4-8-1 on the road this season, compared to the 4-5-6 record they recorded away from home in 2016. Justin Dhillon, who co-leads the team in away goals this season (3) return from injury last week, going 35 minutes in the team’s away loss to Tulsa Roughnecks FC. His return could be the offensive boost needed to end the team’s slump.
SPR has been up and down in their recent outings, with an alternating three losses and two wins in their last five outings. At 4th place in the Western Conference, the side will be keen to maintain their place in the top half of the eight qualifying teams for the 2017 USL Cup Playoffs.
- In their last match, LA Galaxy II fell 1-0 to Tulsa Roughnecks FC at ONEOK Field in Tulsa, Okla on Saturday, Sept. 23.
- LA Galaxy II are 4-8-1 on the road this season. Swope Park Rangers are 9-2-3 at home.
- Los Dos have cut their GAA in half from their last 12 games: from 2.35 to 1.16.
- Justin Dhillon (6) and Adrian Vera (5) lead the team in goals this season. They’ve both scored three away goals this season.
- Ethan Zubak leads the team with 3 assists.
- Next, Los Dos travel again to face OKC Energy FC at 3 p.m. PT on Sunday, Oct. 1 at Taft Stadium in Oklahoma City.