LA Galaxy II (4-4-5, 17 points) begin a three-game road trip against OKC Energy FC (5-4-3, 18 points) at Taft Stadium on Saturday, June 1 at 6 p.m. PT. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
The match will be the third contest for LA Galaxy II in just eight days. Most recently, Los Dos secured a 2-2 draw at home against Tacoma Defiance in a midweek matchup. In the match, Brian Iloski scored in the 90th minute to bring his side even, marking the third consecutive late equalizer scored in the 90th or 92nd minute. On May 25, Frank Lopez scored in the 92nd minute against Orange County SC and Ethan Zubak scored in the 92nd minute against Rio Grande Valley FC Toros.
With the draw against Tacoma, LA Galaxy II jumped to the 9th spot in the Western Conference standings, two places above the playoff line.
All-time, LA Galaxy II are 4-4-3 against OKC Energy FC, going 2-3-1 away from home. During their last trip to Taft Stadium in 2018, Los Dos were unable to find a result on the road due to a last-minute heartbreaker from Christian Volesky. The 90th minute goal secured a 1-0 victory for the Energy.
This weekend, Los Dos face a tough OKC Energy side that is undefeated in their last four games at home spanning back to the end of April. With 19 goals on the season and only five in their last four at Taft Stadium, OKC Energy is not known to be a high-scoring team. But they have only conceded two goals in their last four at home. This will be a difficult offensive test for LA Galaxy II who are currently ranked as the fifth-highest attacking team in the USL Championship.
LA Galaxy II 2 | Tacoma Defiance 2: For the third consecutive match, LA Galaxy II found an equalizer in the final minutes of play. This time it was Brian Iloski with help from Frank Lopez to secure a draw at home. Lopez also scored the Galaxy’s first goal of the night in the 87thminute.
OKC Energy FC 1 | Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC 0: After scoring early in the first half, OKC Energy were able to fend off 20 shots from the visiting side to secure all three points and a clean sheet.
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
OKC Energy FC: 12-15-7, 43 points
OKC Energy FC 1, LA Galaxy II 0 | June 23, 2018 at Taft Stadium
LA Galaxy II 1, OKC Energy FC 3 | September 12, 2018 at Dignity Health Sports Park
- Brian Iloski’s 90th minute strike led LA Galaxy II (4-4-5, 17 points) to a 2-2 draw against Tacoma Defiance (2-9-3, 9 points) in a midweek contest.
- Saturday’s contest against OKC Energy FC marks LA Galaxy II’s third match in just eight days.
- LA Galaxy II are 3-2-4 at home and 1-2-1 on the road in 2019.
- Tacoma Defiance are 4-1-1 at home this year and are unbeaten in their last four at Taft Stadium.
- LA Galaxy II sit 9th in the USL Championship Western Conference standings, compared to their opponents who are in 5th place.
- LA Galaxy II midfielders Carlos Harvey and Ernesto Walker are away on International duty as they represent Panama in the FIFA U-20 World Cup Poland 2019.
- Kai Koreniuk leads the team in goals this year (4).
- Brian Iloski leads the team in assists this year (3).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- Next up, LA Galaxy II continue their road trip as they face USL Championship expansion side El Paso Locomotive FC at Southwest University Park on Saturday, June 8 at 6:30 p.m. PT.