LA Galaxy II (4-6-7, 19 points) face local rival Orange County SC (4-5-7, 19 points) in a rematch at 5:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, June 29 at Championship Soccer Stadium at OC Great Park. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
LA Galaxy II are 9-6-4 all-time against Orange County SC and 4-5-0 away from home. The Galaxy went 1-0-2 against OCSC in 2018, with a 3-0 win at Championship Soccer Stadium last July. Ethan Zubak opened the scoring for the Galaxy in the 3rd minute, which was followed by a goal from Frank Lopez in the 23rd and a goal from Jonathan Hernandez in the 52nd minute.
Los Dos will look to build on a successful result against Western Conference powerhouse New Mexico United over the weekend. The home team held New Mexico to a one-all draw, with Nick DePuy scoring Los Dos’ lone goal of the match in the 32nd minute. Goalkeeper Justin Vom Steeg made two critical saves in the second half to prevent New Mexico from taking the lead.
The home side for this weekend’s rivalry matchup dropped their last two consecutive matches. Most recently, Orange County SC hosted Portland Timbers 2 for a Saturday night contest that ended in a 2-0 loss for Orange County. Additionally, OCSC has failed to score in its last two games but will hope to right their offensive ship against a Los Dos defense that has struggled to keep goals out this season.
LA Galaxy II 1 | New Mexico United 1: LA Galaxy II held U.S. Open Cup darling New Mexico United to a one-all draw on Saturday at Dignity Health Sports Park. In the match, Nick DePuy scored Los Dos’ lone goal from an incredible volley.
Orange County SC 0 | Portland Timbers 2 2: Two late goals in the final minutes of the match led Portland to a 2-0 victory over Orange County SC on Saturday. The result improves Portland’s unbeaten streak to six games and Orange County SC have now lost two consecutive matches.
LA Galaxy II 2, Orange County SC 2 | May 25, 2019 at Dignity Health Sports Park
Orange County SC 3, LA Galaxy II 0 | April 7, 2018 at Championship Soccer Stadium at OC Great Park
LA Galaxy II 0, Orange County SC 1 | June 10, 2018 at Dignity Health Sports Park
Orange County SC 0, LA Galaxy II 3 | July 7, 2018 at Championship Soccer Stadium at OC Great Park
LA Galaxy II: 10-17-7, 37 points
Orange County SC: 20-8-6, 66 points
- LA Galaxy II (4-6-7, 19 points) secured a 1-1 draw against New Mexico United (6-3-8, 26 points) on Saturday night at Dignity Health Sports Park Track & Field Stadium.
- LA Galaxy II are 3-2-5 at home and 1-4-2 on the road in 2019.
- Orange County SC are 4-2-2 at home this year.
- LA Galaxy II sit 13thin the USL Championship Western Conference standings, just outside of playoff contention.
- Orange County SC sit at the 12th spot, one above Los Dos in the USL Championship Western Conference standings.
- Kai Koreniuk leads the team in goals this year (4).
- Brian Iloski leads the team in assists this year (3).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2018 USL Championship season with a 7-6-4 home record and a 3-11-3 away record.
- Next up, LA Galaxy II face Las Vegas Lights FC at 7 p.m. PT in a Fourth of July contest at Cashman Field.