LOS ANGELES (Wednesday, July 24, 2019) – The LA Galaxy Foundation, Chevrolet and LA Galaxy players have teamed up to launch the Chevrolet Charity Challenge, a competition to raise awareness and donations for local Community Partners. Eight LA Galaxy Players will compete and be rewarded for completing designated tasks at upcoming games.
For every pass completed, tackle, duel won, meter covered, clearance made, and cross completed, the LA Galaxy Foundation will donate up to $1,000 to a local Community Partner. Fans are also encouraged to support Community Partners by making their own donation to the Community Partner of their choice.
For this charity challenge, there are eight outstanding local Community Partners who will be participating. Garden School Foundation, Playworks, Make-A-Wish: Greater Los Angeles, The Mission Continues: Reporting for Duty in Your Community, SurfRider Foundation: Los Angeles, Gift of Life, Special Olympics Southern California, and Positive Coaching Alliance: Los Angeles are the participating partners. All of these groups strive to make a positive impact in local communities, and LA Galaxy and Chevrolet will be supporting them in this effort.
For additional news and information on the Chevrolet Charity Challenge, or for fans who wish to make their own donation, please visit:www.lagalaxy.com/chevycharity.
Participating Community Partners
- Garden School Foundation – Provides in-depth garden-based education to youth at Title I schools in Los Angeles to strengthen connections between food justice, environmental awareness and community health.
- The Mission Continues – Empowers veterans to continue their service and empowers communities with veteran talent, skills and preparedness to generate visible impact.
- Playworks – Helps schools and youth programs create recess and play environments where every child can join in to experience the social, emotional and physical benefits of play.
- Make-A-Wish – Granting the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
- Surfrider Foundation – Dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world’s ocean, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network.
- Gift of Life – Saving the lives of patients battling blood cancer, sickle cell and 100 other diseases through bone marrow and stem cell donation.
- Special Olympics – providing year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in sharing of gifts, skills and friendships.
- Positive Coaching Alliance – Transforms the youth sports culture into a Development Zone where all youth and high school athletes have a positive, character-building experience that results in better athletes, better people.