It's been an exciting week as the 2016 United Soccer League season approaches.
LA Galaxy II will kick off their third season in the USL on Saturday against Arizona United SC. In anticipation for the new season, Los Dos are now on Snapchat to bring fans an exclusive look into training and gamedays like never before.
In celebration of the arrival of the 2016 USL season, exclusive Snapchat filters have been created to enhance fan experience at every single USL Kickoff Weekend game. Below is a roundup of how you can win some sweet USL swag by snapping your experience on Saturday at Los Dos' first game of the season as well as some helpful tips to get help fans get snapping!
As an added bonus, USL is going to select a fan snap that best exemplifies USL Kickoff Weekend spirit. Submit your best snapchat on either Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #USLKickoff or tag @USL to be entered to win our USL Kickoff Weekend Contest.
A single winner will be chosen after the conclusion of all games during the USL Kickoff Weekend. The lucky winner will be randomly selected from all entries and contacted the following week to receive their prize (a USL Swag Bag).
Fans will need to sign into their Snapchat while they are in the stadium and during the game to share this unique filter with their followers who couldn’t make it out to the match. The filter will be active one hour before, during and one hour after the conclusion of the game.
New to Snapchat? Have no fear! Here are a few tried and true tips to bring your A-game this weekend to your Snap story.
- Add your USL team account if they have one.
- Create an awesome “My Story” that captures your experience, before, during and after the game so everyone knows what you’re up to
- Using Emojis are always a good idea to liven up your captions
- Make sure your location filters are on. To do this from within the app, click the ghost at the top of the screen->Gear wheel->Manage
- Save your snaps to your phone! You can do this by clicking the arrow in the bottom left corner, either before you post it to your story or afterward. Note: You can’t save snaps once you have sent them to others!
- Swipe right to find your custom USL Kickoff filter