Throughout the week leading up to tonight's 3rd jersey unveiling and Fourth of July Weekend Kick Off Party, hundreds of Galaxy fans have been tweeting and posting photos on the Galaxy Facebook tagged with the phrase "Show me the jersey!," in an effort to win prizes.
Starting on Saturday morning, July 2 at 9:00 a.m. PT and through Sunday night at 11:59 p.m. PT, fans will have the opportunity to participate in a scavenger hunt around LA, a continuation of the contests run throughout the week on Galaxy social media that have all been in leading up to the July 1st unveiling and July 4th debut of the new Galaxy 3rd jersey.
To coincide with the unique metallic gold features on the kit, fans will be challenged to travel around LA to eight specific locations that tie into the gold theme. Fans will take photos of themselves at the locations while holding up a sign that says "This is LA!," and the first person to email all eight photos to email@example.com will win a Grand Prize of four tickets to the Galaxy's match on July 4th, four passes to watch the postgame fireworks from the field, the opportunity to participate in the pregame coin toss and an exclusive Mike Magee goalkeeper jersey. Additionally, the first person to email a photo from each location (a total of eight other winners) will receive either a pair of tickets to the Galaxy's July 4th match, a 2011 Authentic LA Galaxy jersey or a Galaxy zip-up hoodie.
The eight locations include:
- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (site of the LA Galaxy Champions Cup win in 2000)
- The Rose Bowl (home of the 2002 MLS Cup Champions)
- Staples Center (where LA Galaxy hosted the 2002 MLS Cup Celebration)
- The Hollywood sign
- A star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame whose name contains “gold” (i.e. Whoopi Goldberg)
- Titan Stadium at Cal State Fullerton (where LA Galaxy won the 2001 U.S. Open Cup)
- The Home Depot Center (The Galaxy’s current home stadium and the site of the team's 2005 Open Cup, 2005 MLS Cup and 2010 Supporters’ Shield wins)
- The adidas store in Santa Monica (location where the new LA Galaxy 3rd jersey will be sold)
Fans wishing to participate in the contest must send photos via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. All photos must be submitted in a readable image format (ex: .jpg, .gif, .tiff) or a link to the photo available on public domain (ex. Twitpic, Lockerz, Yfrog, Photobucket, Flickr, etc.) and cannot exceed [5 MB]. Each fan may only win one Prize. (i.e. Winner at The Rose Bowl cannot also win the Grand Prize or prize for a second single location. In the case that the first person at a location is also the Grand Prize winner, the singular location winner will default to the fan with the second submission.)
Offical Rules for this contest can be found on the "Notes" tab on the Galaxy Facebook page, www.facebook.com/lagalaxy or by clicking here.