UNIVERSITY PARK, Fla. (Saturday, June 25, 2022) – Playing their 10th match on the road during the 2022 campaign, LA Galaxy II earned a 3-1 win over Miami FC at FIU Stadium on Saturday night. Preston Judd, Michael Salazar and Josh Drack each scored a goal, while Owen Lambe notched two assists in the win over Miami.
Preston Judd in Goal-Scoring Form
With his goal scored in the win over Miami, Preston Judd has now tallied eight goals and two assists in 16 games played (14 starts) during the 2022 campaign. Notably, Judd has tallied six goals in his last five games played dating back to May 28. Judd has tallied 25 goals and five assists in 48 career regular-season appearances (41 starts) for Galaxy II.
LA – Josh Drack, 6th minute: Josh Drack’s curling, left-footed free-kick attempt from just outside the 18-yard box found the top corner of the goal.
LA – Michael Salazar (Owen Lambe), 9th minute: Working down the left wing, Cameron Dunbar squared a pass across the penalty area that deflected off Owen Lambe to Michael Salazar, who unleashed a powerful shot into the top right corner of the net.
MIA – Kyle Murphy, 16th minute: Kyle Murphy was first to a loose ball in the six-yard box and buried his shot into the back of the goal from close range.
LA – Preston Judd (Owen Lambe), 70th minute: Preston Judd latched onto a long pass from Owen Lambe, dribbled past a Miami defender and slotted his left-footed shot past the Miami goalkeeper at the near post.
- Following the win over Miami, LA Galaxy II (7-8-3, 24 points) sit in ninth place in the Western Conference standings, one point behind seventh place Las Vegas Lights FC (7-6-4, 25 points).
- In 10 games played on the road this season, LA Galaxy II hold a 2-6-2 record.
- Galaxy II improved to 5-1-1 when scoring the opening goal in a match this season.
- LA has scored seven goals in the first 15 minutes of the first half, more than any other team in the USL Championship this season.
- In this last five games played dating back to June 4, Los Dos hold a 3-2-0 record.
- Preston Judd notched his team-leading eighth goal in league play this season.
- Judd has scored six goals in his five games played dating back to May 28, and ranks tied for sixth in the league in goals scored.
- Josh Drack scored his first goal during the 2022 campaign.
- Michael Salazar tallied his fourth goal in league play this year.
- Owen Lambe recorded two assists in the win over Miami, and ranks tied for first on the team with three assists.
- Making his second consecutive start, Richard Sánchez made a season-high seven saves and earned his first win since May 7.
Next up, LA Galaxy II play host to Oakland Roots SC at Dignity Health Sports Park on Friday, July 1. The July 1 match kicks off at 7:30 p.m. PT and will be streamed live on ESPN+.
LA Galaxy II (7-8-3, 24pts) vs. Miami FC (5-6-6, 21pts)
June 25, 2022 – FIU Stadium (University Park, Fla.)
Goals by Half 1 2 F
LA Galaxy II 2 1 3
Miami FC 1 0 1
LA: Drack, 6
LA: Salazar (Lambe), 9
MIA: Murphy, 16
LA: Judd (Lambe), 70
MIA: Craig (caution), 5
LA: Cabral (caution), 23
MIA: Segbers (caution), 44
LA: Harvey (caution), 53
LA: Picazo (caution), 76
MIA: Chapman-Page (caution), 84
LA: Doyle (caution), 90+4
LA: GK Richard Sánchez; D Owen Lambe, D Carlos Harvey, D Liam Doyle ©, D Josh Drack; M Adrian Gonzalez (Dante Campbell, 64), M Hamza Barry, M Remi Cabral (Adam Saldaña, 89); F Preston Judd (Duhaney Williams, 73), F Michael Salazar (Axel Picazo, 45), F Cameron Dunbar
Substitutes Not Used: GK Eric López; D Ascel Essengue; M Taylor Davila
TOTAL SHOTS: 6; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 14; OFFSIDES: 1; CORNER KICKS: 1; SAVES: 7
MIA: GK: Connor Sparrow; D Mark Segbers, D Callum Chapman-Page, D Paco Craig, D Aedan Stanley; M Devon Williams, M Florian Valot (Adonijah Reid, 72), M Joaquin Rivas (Lamar Walker, 65), M Joshua Perez, M Othella Bah (Pierre Da Silva, 65); F Kyle Murphy
Substitutes Not Used: GK Jake McGuire; M Junior Palacios, M Benjamin Ofeimu
TOTAL SHOTS: 19; SHOTS ON GOAL: 8; FOULS: 13; OFFSIDES: 2; CORNER KICKS: 6; SAVES: 1
Referee: Eric Tattersall
Assistant Referees: Miguel Martes, Fritz Barberousse
Fourth Official: William Hoffman
Weather: Clear, 83 degrees
All statistics contained in this box score are unofficial