LOS ANGELES (Wednesday, June 15, 2022) – LA Galaxy II earned a 3-2 win over Monterey Bay F.C. at Dignity Health Sports Park on Wednesday night. Preston Judd, who made his return to the starting lineup after missing the last match due to a yellow-card suspension, notched a hat trick, while Hamza Barry tallied two assists in the win over Monterey.
Preston Judd Enjoys Scoring Goals
With three goals scored against Monterey, Judd has tallied seven goals and two assists in 14 appearances (12 starts) during the 2022 campaign. The Las Vegas, Nev., native notched his second career hat-trick for Galaxy II and the seventh hat trick in team history. The last time a Galaxy II player recorded a hat trick was when Judd scored three goals against Las Vegas Lights FC on June 16, 2021. Notably, Judd ranks fourth all-time in Galaxy II history with 24 goals scored in 46 games played (39 starts).
LA – Preston Judd (Hamza Barry), 6th minute: Hamza Barry’s free-kick service into the box found the head of Preston Judd, whose flicked header looped over Monterey goalkeeper Carlos Herrera.
LA – Preston Judd (Taylor Davila), 11th minute: Judd received the ball just outside the 18-yard box rifled his right-footed shot past the outstretched arm of Herrera.
MTY – Morey Doner (James Murphy), 51st minute: Morey Doner’s shot from the right side of the penalty area deflected into the back of the net.
LA – Preston Judd (Hamza Barry), 53rd minute: Capping off his hat trick, Judd received a slipped pass from Barry and slid his shot past the Monterey goalkeeper.
MTY – Adrian Rebollar (Kai Greene), 62nd minute: Kai Greene’s first-time pass in the penalty area fell to Adrian Rebollar, whose shot from close range snuck just inside the right side of the goal.
- Following the win over Monterey Bay F.C., LA Galaxy II (6-7-3, 21 points) sit in seventh place in the Western Conference standings.
- In eight games played at home this season, LA Galaxy II hold a 5-2-1 record.
- It marked the fifth time this season that Los Dos has scored more than two goals in a match.
- Preston Judd tallied his second career hat trick and the seventh hat trick in Galaxy II history.
- Judd has scored five goals in three consecutive appearances dating back to May 28.
- Judd ranks fourth all-time in Galaxy II history with 24 goals scored in 46 games played (39 starts).
- With seven goals scored this season, Judd ranks tied for fourth in the league in goals.
- Hamza Barry registered two assists in the win over Monterey and the 15th multi-assist performance in GII history.
- Barry finished the match with a game-high three chances created.
- Taylor Davila logged his second assist of the season in the victory.
- Josh Drack, who made his first start since April 2, finished the match with a team-high seven duels won and three interceptions.
- Three LA Galaxy Academy products (Eric López, Taylor Davila, Cameron Dunbar) started in the match against Monterey, while Adrian Gonzalez appeared off the bench.
Next up, LA Galaxy II travel to face Sacramento Republic FC at Heart Health Park on Saturday, June 18. The June 18 match kicks off at 8:00 p.m. PT and will be streamed live on ESPN+.
LA Galaxy II (6-7-3, 21pts) vs. Monterey Bay F.C. (4-10-0, 12pts)
June 15, 2022 – Dignity Health Sports Park (Los Angeles)
Goals by Half 1 2 F
LA Galaxy II 2 1 3
Monterey Bay F.C. 0 2 2
LA: Judd (Barry), 6
LA: Judd (Davila), 11
MTY: Doner (Murphy), 51
LA: Judd (Barry), 53
MTY: Rebollar (Greene), 62
LA: Drack (caution), 42
LA: Cabral (caution), 48
LA: Barry (caution), 67
MTY: Fehr (caution), 82
MTY: Maldonado (caution), 90+2
LA: López (caution), 90+6
LA: GK Eric López; D Owen Lambe, D Carlos Harvey, D Liam Doyle ©, D Josh Drack (Axel Picazo, 72); M Taylor Davila, M Hamza Barry, M Remi Cabral (Dante Campbell, 64); F Cameron Dunbar (Michael Salazar, 81), F Duhaney Williams (Adrian Gonzalez, 64), F Preston Judd (Axel Picazo, 90+4)
Substitutes Not Used: GK Richard Sánchez; D Felipe Cobian; M Callum Johnson
TOTAL SHOTS: 10; SHOTS ON GOAL: 5; FOULS: 11; OFFSIDES: 2; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 1
MTY: GK: C. Herrera; D M. Doner, D S. Strong, D K. Greene, D S. Gleadle; M W. Martinez (M. Fehr, 76), M R. Crawford, M J. Murphy, M C. Boone (J. Maldonado, 88), F A. Rebollar, F C. Volesky
Substitutes Not Used: GK D. Jaye; D J. Barriga-Toyama; M C. Cortez; F A. Siaha
TOTAL SHOTS: 9; SHOTS ON GOAL: 3; FOULS: 17; OFFSIDES: 1; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 2
Referee: Adam Kilpatrick
Assistant Referees: Eduardo Jeff, Salma Perez
Fourth Official: Mark Allatin
Weather: Clear, 69 degrees
All statistics contained in this box score are unofficial