This weekend, LA Galaxy II (3-9-2, 11 points) get their first meeting of the season with Western Conference side Swope Park Rangers (6-6-3, 21 points). The two sides will kick off at 7:30 p.m. PT on Friday, June 30 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium (streamed live on LAGalaxy.com/2).
LA returns to StubHub Center after suffering a fifth consecutive home loss to Sacramento Republic FC in a 3-2 defeat over the weekend. Much like the first team, Los Dos has struggled to fortify their home grounds, recording just a 1-5-1 record at the Track & Field Stadium on the season. Four of Galaxy II’s five losses at home have been one-goal games.
Justin Dhillon continues to shine in recent form for Los Dos, recording four goals and one assist in his last seven appearances for the squad. Dhillon will again be without fellow forward Ethan Zubak, who is serving the last of a three-game suspension during Friday’s match against Swope Park.
The Rangers defeated Galaxy in both of the 2016 meetings, neither of them at StubHub Center. The most recent defeat was a 3-0 loss suffered by the fifth-seeded Los Dos on Sept. 30, when fourth-seed Kansas City scored three goals after the 75th minute to bounce LA in their third straight playoff appearance.
- Swope Park Rangers defeated LA Galaxy II 3-0 in the opening round of the 2016 USL Cup Playoffs.
- LA is 1-5-1 at home in 2017.
- Justin Dhillon scored in the team’s last match and has now recorded four goals and one assist in his last seven appearances.
- LA Galaxy Academy’s Jorge Hernandez leads LA Galaxy Academy members with five starts on the season.
- In the LA Galaxy II’s last four matches, only one LA Galaxy players has been included in the lineup.
- Ethan Zubak will serve the last of a three-game suspension issued to him after the team’s match with Colorado Springs Switchbacks on June 10.
- Justin Dhillon leads the Galaxy with four goals.
- Zubak leads the team with two assists.
- Former LA Galaxy II Head Coach Curt Onalfo was named LA Galaxy Head Coach on Dec. 13, 2016. Mike Muñoz was named LA Galaxy II Head Coach on Jan. 12, 2017.
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2016 USL Regular Season 12-7-11 (47 points).
- LA Galaxy II led the Western Conference in goals in 2016 (52).