LOS ANGELES (Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021) – In Week 26 of the 2021 USL Championship campaign, LA Galaxy II earned a 1-1 draw on the road against Sacramento Republic FC at Heart Health Park on Wednesday night. Preston Judd tallied his team-leading 13th goal of the season, while Josh Drack registered his seventh assist.
LA Galaxy II Run Of Form
With four games remaining in their 2021 USL Championship regular-season campaign, LA Galaxy II (10-12-6, 36 points) remain in fourth place in the Pacific Division, four points behind third-place Orange County SC (11-10-7, 40 points) and two points ahead of fifth-place Oakland Roots SC (9-12-7, 34 points). The top four teams from each division in the regular season will advance into a regionalized single-elimination bracket for the playoffs. Notably, LA Galaxy II improved to 7-6-1 in 14 games played on the road during the 2021 campaign. Additionally, Los Dos are unbeaten in their last four road games played (3-0-1) dating back to a 1-0 win at Oakland on Sept. 18.
LA – Preston Judd (Josh Drack), 11th minute: Receiving a long ball near the top of the box from Drack, Judd muscled off his defender before firing his shot past Sacramento goalkeeper Carlos Saldaña.
SAC – Dariusz Formelia (Cameron Iwasa), 87th minute: Emil Cuello took a powerful long-range shot that Justin vom Steeg parried off the crossbar. The ensuing rebound fell to Cameron Iwasa, who flicked the ball to Dariusz Formella to tuck home from inside the six-yard area.
- Following the match, LA Galaxy II (10-12-6, 36 points) remain in fourth place in the Pacific Division, four points behind third-place Orange County SC (11-10-7, 40 points) and two points ahead of fifth-place Oakland Roots SC (9-12-7, 34 points).
- LA Galaxy II improved to 7-6-1 in 14 games played on the road during the 2021 campaign.
- Los Dos stretched their unbeaten run on the road to four games (3-0-1) dating back to a 1-0 win over Oakland on Sept. 18.
- Wednesday’s contest marked the fourth and final meeting between the two clubs this season, with the series tied 1-1-2.
- In their last 10 matches played dating back to Aug. 27, Los Dos hold a 5-3-2 record.
- Preston Judd notched his team-leading 13th goal of the season in the draw against Sacramento.
- Judd ranks tied for eighth in the USL Championship in goals scored (13).
- Josh Drack tallied his seventh assist of the season, which ranks tied for seventh in the league.
- Jorge Hernández notched a team-high four chances created in the draw against Sacramento.
- Justin vom Steeg registered four saves against Republic FC.
Next up, LA Galaxy II play host to El Paso Locomotive FC at Dignity Health Sports Park on Sunday, Oct. 17. The Oct. 17 match kicks off at 5:00 p.m. (Pacific) and features a webstream on ESPN+.
LA Galaxy II (10-12-6, 36pts) vs. Sacramento Republic FC (8-12-9, 33pts)*
Oct. 13, 2021 – Heart Health Park (Sacramento, Calif.)
Goals by Half 1 2 F
LA Galaxy II 0 1 1
Sacramento Republic FC 0 1 1
LA: Judd (Drack), 57
SAC: Formelia (Iwasa), 87
LA: Drack (caution), 25
LA: Harvey (caution), 55
SAC: Casey (caution), 65
SAC: Fernandes (caution), 90
LA: GK Justin vom Steeg; D Owen Lambe, D Jalen Neal, D Jesus Vazquez ©, D Josh Drack; M Cameron Dunbar (Rémi Cabral, 65), M Carlos Harvey (Ascel Essengue, 90+1), M Taylor Davila (Marcus Ferkranus, 82), M Daniel Aguirre; F Jorge Hernández, F Preston Judd
Substitutes Not Used: GK Eric Lopez; M Gerson Chavez, M Victor Valdez, F Juan Calderon
TOTAL SHOTS: 13 (Three players tied, 3); SHOTS ON GOAL: 7 (Jorge Hernández, 3); FOULS: 11 (Carlos Harvey, 4); OFFSIDES: 2; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 4
SAC: GK Carlos Saldaña; D Dan Casey, D Jordan McCrary, D Hayden Sargis, D Duke Lacroix; M Petteri Pennanen © (Jaime Villarreal, 82), M Luis Fernandes, M Dariusz Formelia, M Kharlton Belmar (Emil Cuello, 66); F Cameron Iwasa, F Maalique Foster (Jerome Kiesewetter, 82)
Substitutes Not Used: GK Rafael Diaz; D Shannon Gomez, D Mario Penagos; M Andrew Wheeler-Omiunu
TOTAL SHOTS: 27 (Dan Casey, 6); SHOTS ON GOAL: 5 (Dan Casey, 2); FOULS: 14 (Three players tied, 3); OFFSIDES: 4; CORNER KICKS: 8; SAVES: 6
Referee: Michael Radchuk
Assistant Referees: Stephen McGonagle, Conrado Garcia
Fourth Official: N/A
Weather: Clear, 60 degrees