Starting XI: GK Jonathan Bond; D Calegari, D Martín Cáceres, D Jalen Neal, D Julián Aude; M Mark Delgado, M Gastón Brugman, M Riqui Puig, M Tyler Boyd, M Memo Rodríguez; F Javier “Chicharito” Hernández ©
Substitutes: GK Jonathan Klinsmann; D Raheem Edwards, D Kelvin Leerdam, D Eriq Zavaleta; M Daniel Aguirre, M Efraín Álvarez, M Uri Rosell, M Gino Vivi; F Dejan Joveljić
- Jonathan Bond, who has posted one shutout in five MLS regular-season starts in 2023, gets the start in goal for the Galaxy against D.C. United. Bond ranks fourth all-time in regular-season appearances (70) amongst all goalkeepers in LA Galaxy history.
- Calegari makes his 11th consecutive start for LA across all competitions in the match against D.C. United. Since making his first career start against the Portland Timbers on March 25, Calegari ranks second in the league amongst all defenders in chances created (13) behind only Atlanta United’s Brooks Lennon and third amongst all defenders in dribbles completed (13).
- Martín Cáceres, who scored his first career goal for the Galaxy in the 2-1 win over the San Jose Earthquakes on May 14, earns his 11th start of the 2023 MLS Regular Season.
- Jalen Neal makes his 11th regular-season start of the 2023 campaign in the match against D.C. United. Amongst all MLS players that have completed a minimum of 400 passes, Jalen Neal leads the league in passing accuracy (94.35%).
- Argentine youth international defender* Julián Aude, who recorded his first career goal in the 3-1 win over Seattle Sounders FC in the Round of 32 of the U.S. Open Cup on May 10, makes his sixth consecutive league start for LA in the match against D.C. United Making his 13th start across all competitions for LA this season is Riqui Puig, who has recorded one goal and one assist in league play this season. Puig leads MLS in successful passes entering the final third (257) and dribbles completed (44) and ranks third in the league in passes completed (738) this season.
- Gastón Brugman makes his 13th start across all competitions for LA during the 2023 campaign against D.C. Notably, Brugman leads MLS in passes attempted (943), ranks second in successful passes (835) and ranks tied for third in the league in possessions won (99).
- Mark Delgado* makes his 13th start of the season across all competitions for the Galaxy in the match against D.C. United. Notably, Delgado became the 96th player in MLS regular-season history to play 20,000 career minutes in the match against the San Jose Earthquakes on May 14. Tyler Boyd, who has tallied one goal and one assist in 13 games played (9 starts) across all competitions for LA this season, gets the start on the wing. Boyd created a game-high three chances in 45 minutes played off the bench against Columbus on Wednesday.
- Making his eighth career start for the LA Galaxy is Memo Rodríguez, who tallied a brace in the 3-1 win over Seattle Sounders FC in the Round of 32 of the U.S. Open Cup on May 10. Rodríguez recorded first career assist for LA in his last league start for the Galaxy against San Jose on May 14.
- Javier “Chicharito” Hernández captains the Galaxy and makes his seventh start across all competitions during the 2023 campaign. Chicharito logged 29 minutes off the bench and recorded two shots on target in the 2-0 loss on the road to the Columbus Crew on May 17.