Starting XI: GK Jonathan Klinsmann; D Calegari, D Martín Cáceres, D Eriq Zavaleta, D Julián Aude, M Mark Delgado, M Gastón Brugman, M Riqui Puig, M Raheem Edwards, M Memo Rodríguez; F Javier “Chicharito” Hernández ©
Substitutes: GK Jonathan Bond; D Kelvin Leerdam, D Chris Mavinga; M Daniel Aguirre, M Tyler Boyd, M Gino Vivi; F Dejan Joveljić
- Jonathan Klinsmann, who holds a 3-1-0 record and has posted one shutout in four career U.S. Open Cup starts for the Galaxy, gets his first start in goal across all competitions dating back to May 6.
- Calegari makes his 12th consecutive start for LA across all competitions in the U.S. Open Cup match against LAFC.
- Martín Cáceres, who scored his first career goal for the Galaxy in the 2-1 win over the San Jose Earthquakes on May 14, makes his second U.S. Open Cup appearance during the 2023 campaign in the Round of 16 match against LAFC.
- Eriq Zavaleta gets his third career U.S. Open Cup start for the Galaxy in the Round of 16 match against LAFC. Zavaleta has recorded two goals and one assist 149 career MLS regular-season appearances (113 starts).
- Argentine youth international defender* Julián Aude, who recorded his first career goal in the 3-1 win over Seattle Sounders FC in the Round of 32 of the U.S. Open Cup on May 10, makes his seventh consecutive start across all competitions for LA in the match against LAFC. Making his 14th start across all competitions for LA this season is Riqui Puig, who has recorded one goal and one assist in league play this season. Puig leads MLS in successful passes entering the final third (273) and dribbles completed (46) and ranks third in the league in passes completed (797).
- Gastón Brugman makes his 14th start across all competitions for LA in the Open Cup match against LAFC. Notably, Brugman leads MLS in passes attempted (1,021) and successful passes (906) and ranks third in MLS in possessions won (107).
- Mark Delgado* makes his 14th start of the season across all competitions for the Galaxy in the Round of 16 match against LAFC. Delgado has made three career U.S. Open Cup appearances (2 starts) for the Galaxy. Making his second appearance for the Galaxy in U.S. Open Cup play is Memo Rodríguez, who scored two goals in the 3-1 win over Seattle Sounders FC on May 10. Notably, Rodríguez won the 2018 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with Houston Dynamo FC, recording three goals and one assist in five appearances (2 starts) in the competition that season.
- Raheem Edwards makes his ninth start across all competitions during the 2023 campaign in the Open Cup match against LAFC. Notably, Edwards recorded an assist in the 3-1 win over LAFC in last year’s Round of 16 U.S. Open Cup match on May 25, 2022.
- Javier “Chicharito” Hernández captains the Galaxy and makes his second start in U.S. Open Cup play this season. Notably, Chicharito scored the game-winning goal in the 3-1 win over LAFC in last year’s Round of 16 U.S. Open Cup match at Dignity Health Sports Park on May 25, 2022.