Starting XI: GK Jonathan Bond, D Kelvin Leerdam, D Maya Yoshida ©, D Tony Alfaro, D Raheem Edwards; M Edwin Cerrillo, M Uri Rosell, M Tyler Boyd, M Douglas Costa, M Diego Fagundez; F Billy Sharp
Substitutes: GK Novak Mićović, D Julián Aude, D Mauricio Cuevas, D Eriq Zavaleta; M Daniel Aguirre, M Jonathan Pérez, M Adam Saldaña; F Michael Barrios; F Dejan Joveljić
- Jonathan Bond makes his 24th league appearance (24th start) in tonight’s match against Minnesota United FC. Bond made three saves in the 4-3 win over the Loons on Sept. 20.
- Suriname International defender Kelvin Leerdam makes his 19th appearance (12th start) for the Galaxy during the 2023 MLS Regular Season.
- Japanese International defender Maya Yoshida captains LA and makes his ninth consecutive start in tonight’s match against Minnesota. In nine matches played since making his debut for Galaxy on Aug. 26, Yoshida leads MLS in interceptions (21) and completed passes (526; 90.7%), ranks second in touches (685) and seventh in clearances (38) with a goal scored and two shutout performances during that span.
- Tony Alfaro earns his second consecutive start alongside Yoshida at center back. Alfaro has made five appearances (3 starts) across all competitions in his first season with LA.
- Canadian International defender Raheem Edwards, who has tallied one goal and four assists in 27 regular-season matches played (20 starts), returns to the starting lineup. Edwards recorded an assist in the 4-3 win over Minnesota on Sept. 20.
- Uri Rosell makes his ninth consecutive regular-season start for LA dating back to Aug. 26. During that span, Rosell ranks fourth in MLS in completed passes (489; 93.7%), leads the Galaxy with 46 possessions won and ranks third on the team in touches (594) during that span.
- Edwin Cerrillo makes his ninth appearance (7th start) for the LA Galaxy since being acquired in a trade with FC Dallas on Aug. 3. Since making his debut on Aug. 26, the Waco, Texas, native has completed the fourth most passes on the Galaxy (378) and leads the league in passing accuracy (95.2%) amongst all players that have played a minimum of 100 minutes during that span.
- Tyler Boyd, who has recorded seven goals scored and four assists in 36 matches played (29 starts) across all competitions this season for LA, starts out wide in tonight’s match. Boyd recorded an assist in the 4-3 win over Minnesota on Sept. 20.
- Douglas Costa, who ranks first in MLS with 0.85 assists per 90 minutes played (min. 600), starts as the No. 10 in the match against Minnesota United. In 11 matches started dating back to June 11, Costa has tallied two goals and ranks tied for fourth in the league in assists (9) behind only Luciano Acosta (10), Ryan Gauld (10) and Hector Herrera (10).
- Diego Fagundez, who has tallied one goal and three assists in eight appearances (4 starts) for the Galaxy, gets the start on the left wing. With his next goal scored, Fagundez (355 GP, 69 G, 70 A) will become the 10th player in MLS history to record 70 goals and 70 assists in regular-season play. Fagundez tallied the game-winning goal against in LA’s 4-3 win over Minnesota on Sept. 20.
- Billy Sharp, who recorded tallied the 27th hat-trick in LA Galaxy history in the 4-3 come-from-behind win over Minnesota on Sept. 20, makes his sixth start of the season in tonight’s match. In eight matches played since making his Galaxy debut on Aug. 26, Sharp ranks tied for second in MLS in goals scored (6) behind only Columbus Crew forward Cucho Hernandez (8) and Vancouver Whitecaps FC forward Brian White (7).