Starting XI: GK Jonathan Bond, D Calegari, D Eriq Zavaleta, D Maya Yoshida, D Raheem Edwards; M Edwin Cerrillo, M Uri Rosell, M Tyler Boyd, M Riqui Puig ©, M Douglas Costa; F Dejan Joveljić
Substitutes: GK Novak Mićović, D Julián Aude, D Kelvin Leerdam, D Chris Mavinga; M Daniel Aguirre, M Mark Delgado, M Diego Fagundez; F Michael Barrios; F Billy Sharp
- Jonathan Bond, who recorded four saves and posted a shutout against Chicago on Aug. 26, makes his 16th appearance (15th start) during the 2023 MLS Regular Season campaign in tonight’s match against the Earthquakes.
- Calegari, a U-22 Initiative player, makes his 26th consecutive start for the Galaxy across all competitions in the match against San Jose.
- Making his second consecutive start for the Galaxy is Eriq Zavaleta, who has made eight appearances (3 starts) across all competitions for the Galaxy during the 2023 campaign.
- Maya Yoshida, who completed 65 of 65 passes and recorded a game-high six clearances in his MLS and LA Galaxy debut against Chicago on Aug. 26, makes his second consecutive start in the match against the Earthquakes.
- Raheem Edwards makes his 51st regular-season appearance (42nd start) for the LA Galaxy in the match against San Jose. Edwards has tallied one goal and one assist in 25 appearances (16 starts) across all competitions for LA this season.
- Edwin Cerrillo, who completed 98 of 100 passes (98%), won six possessions and recorded three interceptions in his LA Galaxy debut on Aug. 26, makes his second consecutive start in the match against San Jose.
- Uri Rosell makes his third consecutive start across all competitions for the Galaxy in tonight’s match. Rosell has made 10 appearances (4 starts) across all competitions for LA during the 2023 campaign.
- 2023 MLS All-Star Riqui Puig, who has tallied four goals and four assists in his last seven appearances across all competitions dating back to July 1, makes his 28th appearance (28th start) across all competitions and captains LA in the match against the Earthquakes. In the win over Chicago on Aug. 26, Puig completed an MLS season-high 110 passes and recorded his sixth goal across all competitions this year.
- Douglas Costa, who has tallied seven assists in eight league appearances (7 starts) dating back to June 11, gets the start out wide. Costa’s seven assists in league play dating back to June 11 ranks tied for second in the league during that span. Costa ranks first in MLS this season with 0.90 assists per 90 minutes played (min. 650 mins). The next closest player is Carles Gil (0.63).
- Tyler Boyd, who ranks tied for first on the team with six goals scored and has added two assists in 28 matches played (21 starts) across all competitions this season for LA, starts out wide in the match against the Earthquakes. In his last four league appearances dating back to July 4, Boyd has recorded three goals and one assist.
- Serbian International forward* Dejan Joveljić*, who has tallied two goals and four assists in 26 games played (15 starts) across all competitions this season, gets the start up top for the Galaxy. Joveljić recorded the game-winning goal in a 2-1 win over San Jose on May 14.