Starting XI: GK Jonathan Bond, D Kelvin Leerdam, D Maya Yoshida ©, D Tony Alfaro, D Julián Aude; M Edwin Cerrillo, M Uri Rosell, M Tyler Boyd, M Douglas Costa, M Diego Fagundez; F Billy Sharp
Substitutes: GK Novak Mićović, D Raheem Edwards,D Mauricio Cuevas, M Gino Vivi; M Daniel Aguirre, M Jonathan Pérez, M Adam Saldaña; F Michael Barrios, F Dejan Joveljić
- Jonathan Bond makes his 23rd league appearance (23rd start) in tonight’s match against Seattle.
- Suriname International defender Kelvin Leerdam, who won the 2019 MLS Cup with Seattle Sounders FC, makes his 18th appearance (11th start) for the Galaxy during the 2023 MLS Regular Season.
- Japanese International defender* Maya Yoshida* captains LA and makes his ninth consecutive start in tonight’s match against Seattle. In eight matches played since making his debut for Galaxy on Aug. 26, Yoshida leads MLS in interceptions (20), ranks second in the league in completed passes (482; 91.6%) and sixth in clearances (32) with a goal scored and two shutout performances during that span.
- Tony Alfaro, who won the 2016 MLS Cup with Seattle Sounders FC, makes his first start for the Galaxy since playing 90 minutes against Vancouver Whitecaps FC in League Cup play on July 30.
- Argentine youth international defender Julián Aude, who recorded his first career goal for the Galaxy in a 3-1 win over Seattle in the Round of 32 of the 2023 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup on May 10, makes his 25th appearance (16th start) across all competitions for LA this season.
- Uri Rosell makes his ninth consecutive regular-season start for LA dating back to Aug. 26. During that span, Rosell ranks fourth in MLS in completed passes (450; 94.3%), leads the Galaxy with 42 possessions won and ranks third on the team in touches (534) during that span.
- Edwin Cerrillo makes his eighth appearance (6th start) for the LA Galaxy since being acquired in a trade with FC Dallas on Aug. 3. Since making his debut on Aug. 26, the Waco, Texas, native has completed the fourth most passes on the Galaxy (339) and leads the league in passing accuracy (95.5%) amongst all players that have played a minimum of 250 minutes during that span.
- Tyler Boyd, who has recorded seven goals scored and four assists in 35 matches played (28 starts) across all competitions this season for LA, starts out wide in tonight’s match.
- Douglas Costa, who ranks first in MLS with 0.94 assists per 90 minutes played (min. 400), starts as the No. 10 in the match against Seattle. In 10 matches started dating back to June 11, Costa has tallied one goal and ranks tied for third in the league in assists (9) behind only Luciano Acosta (10) and Hector Herrera (10).
- Diego Fagundez, who has tallied one goal and three assists in seven appearances (3 starts) for the Galaxy, gets the start on the left wing. With his next goal scored, Fagundez (354 GP, 69 G, 70 A) will become the 10th player in MLS history to record 70 goals and 70 assists in regular-season play. Fagundez has recorded five goals and one assist in 13 career regular-season matches played against Sounders FC.
- Billy Sharp, who recorded an assist in the 3-3 come-from-behind draw against Austin FC on Sept. 2, makes his fifth start of the season in tonight’s match. In eight matches played since making his Galaxy debut on Aug. 26, Sharp ranks tied for second in MLS in goals scored (6) behind only Columbus Crew forward Cucho Hernandez (8).