Starting XI: GK Jonathan Klinsmann; D Calegari, D Jalen Neal, D Martín Cáceres, D Julián Aude; M Mark Delgado, M Gastón Brugman, M Riqui Puig, M Tyler Boyd, F Dejan Joveljić, F Javier “Chicharito” Hernández ©
Substitutes: GK Simon Jillson; D Séga Coulibaly, D Raheem Edwards, D Eriq Zavaleta; M Daniel Aguirre, M Douglas Costa, M Uri Rosell, M Memo Rodríguez; F Preston Judd
- Jonathan Klinsmann, who made his first start of the season against Portland on March 25 and earned a shutout, gets his fifth consecutive start of the 2023 campaign in the match against Austin. Klinsmann has made 12 career regular-season appearances (11 starts) and posted three shutouts for the LA Galaxy.
- Calegari makes his fifth consecutive start for LA in the match against Austin. Since making his debut for the Galaxy against the Portland Timbers on March 24, Calegari ranks tied for second on the team with seven chances created.
- Martín Cáceres returns to the starting lineup after missing the last match due to a red-card suspension. Cáceres has played in six matches (6 starts) for the Galaxy this season, and appeared in his fourth World Cup (2010, 2014, 2018, 2022) for Uruguay at the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
- Making his seventh consecutive start for the Galaxy is 19-year-old Homegrown defender Jalen Neal, who leads the team in clearances (25), ranks tied for first in blocks (6) and second on the Galaxy in interceptions (9).
- Julián Aude, who made his MLS and LA Galaxy debut as a second-half substitute against LAFC on April 16, makes his first career start for the Galaxy in the match against Austin.
- Gastón Brugman makes his eighth start of the 2023 campaign. According to Pro Football Focus FC, Brugman leads MLS in line-breaking passes completed (130), with the next closest player being LA Galaxy teammate Riqui Puig (89). Brugman leads MLS in passes attempted (626), successful passes (561) and ranks tied for sixth in MLS in possessions won (64).
- Designated Player Riqui Puig makes his eighth start of the season for LA. Puig leads MLS in successful passes entering the final third (165) and dribbles completed (32) and ranks second in the league in successful passes (503).
- Mark Delgado makes his eighth start of the 2023 campaign for the Galaxy in the match against Austin. Notably, Delgado recorded his first career goal for LA in a 1-0 win on the road over Austin FC at Q2 Stadium on May 8, 2022.
- Tyler Boyd makes his sixth consecutive start for the Galaxy in the match against Austin. Boyd’s goal against LAFC on April 16 was voted the Goal of the Matchday for Matchday 8, and he has tallied two goals and one assist in 10 career appearances (6 starts) for the U.S. Men’s National Team.
- Making his sixth start of the season for the Galaxy is Serbian International forward Dejan Joveljić. In his last appearance against Austin on May 29, 2022, Joveljić became the first player in MLS history to contribute to four goals (2 goals, 2 assists) as a substitute in a single match in the 4-1 win over Austin FC.
- Javier “Chicharito” Hernández gets his second start of the 2023 campaign after tallying an assist against LAFC on April 16. Chicharito has tallied 38 goals and six assists in 72 appearances (62 starts) across all competitions in his career for the LA Galaxy. In two career regular-season matches played (2 starts) against Austin, Chicharito has recorded two goals.