Starting XI: GK Jonathan Bond, D Calegari, D Maya Yoshida, D Chris Mavinga, D Raheem Edwards; M Mark Delgado, M Uri Rosell, M Riqui Puig ©, M Tyler Boyd, M Diego Fagundez; F Dejan Joveljić
Substitutes: GK Novak Mićović, D Mauricio Cuevas, D Kelvin Leerdam, D Eriq Zavaleta; M Daniel Aguirre, M Edwin Cerrillo, M Jonathan Pérez; F Michael Barrios; F Billy Sharp
- Jonathan Bond, who recorded three saves in a 3-2 win over the San Jose Earthquakes on Aug. 30, makes his 17th appearance (17th start) during the 2023 MLS Regular Season campaign in tonight’s match against the Dynamo.
- Calegari, a U-22 Initiative player, makes his 27th consecutive start for the Galaxy across all competitions in the match against Houston.
- Maya Yoshida, who completed 46 of 50 passes (92.0%) and recorded a game-high seven clearances against San Jose on Aug. 30, makes his third consecutive start in the match against Dynamo FC.
- Making first start for LA since July 15th is Chris Mavinga, who has made 13 league appearances (8 starts) in his first season with the Galaxy
- Raheem Edwards, who recorded an assist against San Jose on Wednesday, makes his 52nd regular-season appearance (43rd start) for the LA Galaxy in the match against Houston Dynamo FC.
- Making his first start for LA since scoring a goal against Vancouver on July 15 is Mark Delgado, who has tallied two goals and two assists in 24 regular-season appearances (20 starts) for the Galaxy this season.
- Uri Rosell makes his fourth consecutive start across all competitions for the Galaxy in tonight’s match. Rosell has made 11 appearances (5 starts) across all competitions for LA during the 2023 campaign.
- 2023 MLS All-Star Riqui Puig, who has tallied five goals and four assists in his last eight appearances across all competitions dating back to July 1, captains the Galaxy in tonight’s match. Puig has recorded a goal in three consecutive matches played across all competitions dating back to July 30.
- After making his debut for LA off the bench against San Jose on Aug. 30, Diego Fagundez makes his first career start for the Galaxy in tonight’s match. Fagundez has recorded one goal and four assists in his last nine regular-season matches played against Houston dating back to June 29, 2019.
- Tyler Boyd, who has recorded seven goals scored and two assists in 29 matches played (22 starts) across all competitions this season for LA, starts out wide in tonight’s match. In his last five league appearances dating back to July 4, Boyd ranks tied for second in MLS with four goals scored and has added one assist during that span.
- Serbian International forward Dejan Joveljić, who scored the game-winning goal against the Earthquakes on Aug. 30, gets the start up in tonight’s match for LA. Joveljić has tallied three goals and four assists in 27 games played (16 starts) across all competitions this season.