Starting XI: GK Novak Mićović, D Mauricio Cuevas, D Maya Yoshida ©, D Tony Alfaro, D Julián Aude; M Douglas Costa, M Edwin Cerrillo, M Daniel Aguirre, M Tyler Boyd; F Dejan Joveljić, F Billy Sharp
Substitutes: GK Jonathan Bond; D Raheem Edwards, D Chris Mavinga; M Diego Fagundez; M Jonathan Pérez, M Adam Saldaña, M Gino Vivi; F Michael Barrios; F Preston Judd
- Novak Mićović makes his MLS Regular Season debut for the LA Galaxy in tonight’s match against Real Salt Lake. The Serbian youth international goalkeeper has made two appearances (2 starts) the LA Galaxy in Leagues Cup play since making his debut against Club León on July 26. Notably, Mićović has saved four of eight penalty-kick attempts in penalty-kick shootouts during the 2023 MLS NEXT Pro Regular Season for LA Galaxy II. Additionally, Mićović was teammates with former New England Revolution goalkeeper Djordje Petrovic at Serbian club FK Čukarički.
- Mauricio Cuevas, who was called up to the 2023 U.S. Pan American Team, makes his eighth appearance (5th start) for the LA Galaxy during the 2023 MLS Regular Season.
- Japanese International defender* Maya Yoshida* captains LA and makes his eleventh consecutive start in tonight’s match against Real Salt Lake. In 10 matches played since making his debut for Galaxy on Aug. 26, Yoshida leads MLS in interceptions (23) and completed passes (569; 90.8%) and tied for seventh in clearances (40) with a goal scored and an assist in two shutout performances during that span.
- Tony Alfaro earns his third consecutive start alongside Yoshida at center back. Alfaro has made six appearances (4 starts) across all competitions in his first season with LA.
- Argentine youth international defender Julián Aude, who has tallied one goal and one assist in 25 appearances (16 starts) across all competitions in his first season with the Galaxy, starts at left back in tonight’s match.
- Daniel Aguirre, who tallied an assist against Real Salt Lake in the Quarterfinal round of the U.S. Open Cup on June 7, makes his 50th career appearance (11th start) across all competitions for the Galaxy in tonight’s match against RSL.
- Edwin Cerrillo makes his 10th appearance (8th start) for the LA Galaxy since being acquired in a trade with FC Dallas on Aug. 3. Since making his debut on Aug. 26, the Waco, Texas, native has completed the fourth most passes on the Galaxy (426) and ranks sixth in the league in passing accuracy (94%) amongst all players that have played a minimum of 100 minutes during that span.
- Tyler Boyd, who has recorded eight goals scored and four assists in 37 matches played (30 starts) across all competitions this season for LA, starts out wide in tonight’s match. Boyd tallied his seventh goal in league play against Minnesota United FC on Oct. 7.
- Douglas Costa, who ranks first in MLS with 0.78 assists per 90 minutes played (min. 600), starts on the right in tonight’s match against RSL. In 11 matches started dating back to June 11, Costa has tallied two goals and ranks tied for fourth in the league in assists (9) behind only Luciano Acosta (10), Ryan Gauld (10) and Hector Herrera (11).
- Dejan Joveljić, who has recorded five goals and three assists in 30 games played (17 starts) starts up top with Billy Sharp in tonight’s match. The Serbian International forward has recorded 22 goals and nine assists in 87 career appearances (35 starts) across all competitions in three seasons with the LA Galaxy (2021 – Present)
- Billy Sharp, who recorded tallied the 27th hat-trick in LA Galaxy history in the 4-3 come-from-behind win over Minnesota on Sept. 20, makes his seventh start of the season in tonight’s match. In 10 matches played since making his Galaxy debut on Aug. 26, Sharp ranks tied for sixth in MLS in goals scored (6). Sharp has tallied five goals in five matches played at Dignity Health Sports Park this season.