Starting XI: GK Jonathan Bond; D Calegari, D Martín Cáceres, D Jalen Neal, D Julián Aude; M Mark Delgado, M Gastón Brugman, M Riqui Puig, M Tyler Boyd, M Memo Rodríguez; F Javier “Chicharito” Hernández ©
Substitutes: GK Jonathan Klinsmann; D Raheem Edwards, D Eriq Zavaleta; M Daniel Aguirre, M Efraín Álvarez, M Uri Rosell, M Gino Vivi; F Dejan Joveljić, F Preston Judd
- Jonathan Bond, who has posted one shutout in three MLS regular-season starts in 2023, returns to league play after making his return from injury and starting in the Galaxy’s 3-1 win over Seattle Sounders FC in the Round of 32 of the U.S. Open Cup on May 10.
- Calegari makes his ninth consecutive start for LA across all competitions in the match against San Jose.
- Martín Cáceres earns his 11th start across all competitions of the 2023 campaign for the Galaxy, and appeared in his fourth World Cup (2010, 2014, 2018, 2022) for Uruguay at the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
- Jalen Neal makes his ninth regular-season start of the 2023 MLS Regular Season in the match against San Jose. Amongst all MLS players that have completed a minimum of 400 passes, Neal leads the league in passing accuracy (93.93%)
- Argentine youth international defender* Julián Aude, who recorded his first career goal in the 3-1 win over Seattle Sounders FC in the Round of 32 of the U.S. Open Cup on May 10, makes his fourth consecutive league start for LA in the match against San Jose. Making his 11th start across all competitions for LA this season is Riqui Puig, who has recorded one goal and one assist in league play this season.
- Gastón Brugman makes his 12th start across all competitions for LA during the 2023 campaign in the Cali Clásico match against the Earthquakes. In his only appearance against San Jose, Brugman scored a goal in a 3-2 win over the Earthquakes on Sept. 24, 2022.
- Mark Delgado* makes his 12th start of the season across all competitions for the Galaxy in the match against San Jose. Notably, Delgado recorded two assists in the Galaxy’s 3-2 win over the Earthquakes at Stanford Stadium on Sept. 24, 2022. Tyler Boyd, who has tallied one goal and one assist in 11 games played (8 starts) across all competitions for LA this season, gets the start on the right wing.
- Making his first start in league play dating back to April 16 is Memo Rodríguez, who tallied a brace in the 3-1 win over Seattle Sounders FC in the Round of 32 of the U.S. Open Cup on May 10.
- Javier “Chicharito” Hernández captains the Galaxy and makes his sixth start across all competitions during the 2023 campaign. In his last two regular-season matches played against San Jose dating back to June 26, 2021, Chicharito has recorded four goals.