Starting XI: GK Jonathan Bond, D Mauricio Cuevas, D Maya Yoshida, D Chris Mavinga, D Julián Aude; M Edwin Cerrillo, M Uri Rosell, M Tyler Boyd, M Riqui Puig ©, M Douglas Costa; F Dejan Joveljić
Substitutes: GK Novak Mićović, D Tony Alfaro; M Daniel Aguirre, M Mark Delgado, M Diego Fagundez, M Jonathan Pérez; F Michael Barrios; F Preston Judd, F Billy Sharp
- Jonathan Bond, who made three saves and posted his fourth shutout of the 2023 campaign in a 0-0 draw against Houston Dynamo FC on Sept. 2, makes his 18th league appearance (18th start) in tonight’s match against St. Louis.
- Mauricio Cuevas, a U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team defender, makes his fourth appearance (2nd start) for the Galaxy during the 2023 MLS Regular Season.
- Japanese International defender* Maya Yoshida* makes his fourth consecutive start in tonight’s match against Dynamo FC. In three matches played since making his debut for Galaxy on Aug. 26, Yoshida ranks tied for first in MLS in clearances (19), has completed 171 of 180 passes (95%) and has recorded five interceptions in two shutout performances during that span.
- Chris Mavinga, who has made 14 league appearances (9 starts) in his first season with the Galaxy, starts alongside Yoshida.
- Julián Aude, who has made 16 league appearances (10 starts) for LA during the 2023 campaign, makes his first start in regular-season play for the Galaxy dating back to June 21.
- Edwin Cerrillo, who has tallied one assist in three league appearances (2 starts) for the Galaxy, makes his third start this season in the match against St. Louis CITY SC.
- Uri Rosell makes his fifth consecutive start across all competitions for the Galaxy in tonight’s match. Rosell has made 12 appearances (6 starts) across all competitions for LA during the 2023 campaign.
- 2023 MLS All-Star Riqui Puig, who has tallied five goals and four assists in his last nine appearances across all competitions dating back to July 1, captains the Galaxy in tonight’s match. Puig ranks first in the league this season in dribbles completed (84), touches (2,342), passes attempted (1,866), passes completed (1,609) and successful passes entering the final third (545) and fourth in MLS in chances created from open play (47).
- Douglas Costa returns to the starting lineup after dislocating his shoulder in the first half against San Jose on Aug. 30. Costa has tallied seven goals in seven starts (734 minutes played) during the 2023 MLS Regular Season.
- Tyler Boyd, who has recorded seven goals scored and two assists in 30 matches played (23 starts) across all competitions this season for LA, starts out wide in tonight’s match. In his last six league appearances dating back to July 4, Boyd has tallied four goals and one assist.
- Serbian International forward* Dejan Joveljić*, who scored the game-winning goal against the Earthquakes on Aug. 30, gets the start up in tonight’s match for LA. Joveljić has tallied three goals and four assists in 28 games played (17 starts) across all competitions this season.