- Jonathan Bond makes his ninth start of the 2021 MLS regular season and ranks second in the league in saves (47). The Galaxy are 5-3-0 in Bond’s eight starts in 2021. No relation to James.
- Séga Coulibaly makes his second start for the Galaxy, after making his debut and playing 90 minutes against Seattle Sounders FC on June 19.
- Next to Coulibaly is Nick DePuy, who makes his fourth start of the season.
- On the right, Julian Araujo makes his eighth start of the campaign.
- On the left, Jorge Villafaña makes his ninth start of the season. He is one of three players on the Galaxy roster (Bond, Chicharito) to start every match this season.
- In the middle of the pitch is Sacha Klejstan, who tallied his 11th career penalty kick in 287 career MLS regular-season games played on June 19.
- Alongside Kljestan is Sebastian Lletget, who is making his second appearance for the Galaxy since winning the 2021 Concacaf Nations League with the United States. In five appearances (5 starts) for the Galaxy in 2021, Lletget has tallied one goal and one assist.
- In midfield is Victor Vazquez, who makes his sixth appearance of the regular season.
- Samuel Grandsir makes his ninth appearance of the season. Grandsir is one of seven players to appear in every match for LA this season.
- Playing up top is LA Galaxy Designated Player Kévin Cabral, who makes his fourth start for the club.
- Up top, Chicharito, Major League Soccer’s leading goal scorer, makes his ninth start during the 2021 campaign. He will look to score more goals.
- LA are 5-3-0 (15 pts) this season, sitting in fourth place in the Western Conference standings.
- Wednesday’s match marks the 26th MLS regular-season meeting between LA and Vancouver, with the Galaxy leading the series 12-8-5.
- In 11 regular-season road matches against Vancouver, the Galaxy hold a 3-4-4 record.
- Dating back to March 24, 2018, the Galaxy are 1-1-1 int their last three road matches against the Whitecaps.
- The last time the Galaxy earned a road victory against Vancouver, Daniel Steres and Zlatan Ibrahimovic tallied goals in a 2-0 win at BC Place on April 5, 2019.
- The last time LA defeated Vancouver, Kai Korniuk tallied a goal in a 1-0 win at Dignity Health Sports Park on Oct. 18, 2020.
- Galaxy Head Coach Greg Vanney has a 4-3-1 record in eight MLS regular-season games managed against Vancouver during his time as manager of Toronto FC (2015-20).
- Jorge Villafaña has logged three career assists in 12 MLS regular-season appearances (12 starts) against Vancouver, dating back to the 2011 campaign.
- In 7 games played (5 starts) against Vancouver in MLS regular-season play, Sacha Kljestan has registered one goal and three assists.
- Kljestan made his 287th MLS regular-season appearance after he played against Seattle on June 19th. Kljestan’s 287 MLS regular-season games played ranks tied with Will Johnson for 53rd all-time in MLS history.
- Nine LA Galaxy players were named to their respective country’s preliminary roster for the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup (Costa Rica – Giancarlo Gonzalez; Honduras – Danilo Acosta; Jamaica – Oniel Fisher; Mexico – Efrain Alvarez, Jonathan dos Santos, Javier Hernandez; Panama – Carlos Harvey; USA – Julian Araujo, Sebastian Lletget)
- Will Chicharito, tied for the MLS lead in goals scored (7), add to his total?
- How will the Galaxy fare playing two games in the span of four days?
- Preview: https://www.lagalaxy.com/news/match-preview-presented-by-echo-outdoor-power-vancouver-whitecaps-fc-vs-la-galax
- Los Dos’ Preston Judd named to USL Championship Team of the Week: https://www.lagalaxy.com/news/la-galaxy-ii-forward-preston-judd-named-to-usl-championship-team-of-the-week
- Major League Soccer launches new professional league: https://www.lagalaxy.com/news/major-league-soccer-launches-new-professional-league