LA Galaxy II 1, Sacramento Republic FC 1
StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Sept. 10, 2016
2016 USL Regular Season
7:30 p.m. PT
LA Galaxy II (10-6-10, 40 points) drew 1-1 with Sacramento Republic FC (13-6-9, 48 points) on Saturday night at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium. Ariel Lassiter scored his seventh goal of the season as LA Galaxy II split points with the USL Western Conference leader.
In the first 20 minutes of the game, possession and the more threatening attack belonged to the home side. In that time, Los Dos recorded six shots to Republic FC’s zero. LA’s best chance came in the 22nd minute when Adonis Amaya found Ariel Lassiter at the penalty spot with Sacramento’s goalkeeper out of position. The shot was put on target, but blocked off the goal line by Sacramento’s Michael Da Fonte,
LA Galaxy II’s persistence finally paid off when they were rewarded a free kick from a few yards outside the area in the 39th minute. Jose Villarreal put a shot on target that was saved, but on the save, a soft tip from the goalkeeper lifted the ball on top of the crossbar. The ball bounced twice on top of the crossbar before the ‘keeper tipped the ball back into play and right in front of the box, perfectly setting up Ariel Lassiter for his seventh goal of the season. LA would close the half out with the 1-0 lead.
Los Dos worked hard in the second half to protect the lead, and did so efficiently, only allowing Sacramento one shot through the 80th minute. But Republic FC were the side applying the pressure, and were able to find the equalizer in the 83rd minute on a quick and well-built counter that was finished off when substitute forward Wilson Kneeshaw put the ball past Clement Diop at the top of the box.
Los Dos were unable to find the winner and the match finished 1-1.
Next, Los Dos return to StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium midweek for a fixture with 2nd place Rio Grande Valley FC (12-5-9, 45 points). The match will kick off at 7:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, Sept. 14.
LA Galaxy II have just three games remaining on the season, two left at StubHub Center. In the two homes games left, they’ll play Rio Grande Valley FC on Wednesday, Sept. 14 followed by Real Monarchs SLC on Saturday, Sept. 24 for the team’s final regular season match.
LA – Ariel Lassiter 39’
SAC – Wilson Kneeshaw (Assisted by Cameron Iwasa) 83’
LA Galaxy II: Clement Diop; Josh Turnley, Hugo Arellano, Bradley Diallo (Jefrey Payeras 84’), Nathan Smith; Jose Villarreal, Alejandro Covarrubias, Jaime Villarreal, Bradford Jamieson IV (Ethan Zubak 87’); Ariel Lassiter, Adonis Amaya (Bryam Rebellon 78’)
Substitutions not used: Eric Lopez, Oscar Sorto, Denzel Slager, Lee Nishanian
1,417 humans, 48 dogs
- LA Galaxy II (10-6-10, 40 points) drew 1-1 with Sacramento Republic FC (13-6-9, 48 points) on Saturday night at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium. Ariel Lassiter scored his seventh goal of the season for Los Dos on Saturday night. He’s is the team’s active leading scorer.
- LA Galaxy are 0-1-2 against Sacramento Republic FC this season. Sacramento has outscored LA 5-3 in those three games combined.
- LA are 1-8-2 all-time against Sacramento Republic FC. LA has never beaten Sacramento at StubHub Center.
- In LA’s previous match with Sacramento on June 4, the Villarreal brothers filled the score sheet. Both Jaime and Jose Villarreal scored, and Jo. Villarreal assisted on his younger brother’s goal.
- LA Galaxy II have never beaten Sacramento Republic FC at StubHub Center.
- Bradley Diallo made his third straight start for LA Galaxy II against Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC after returning from a knee injury that had kept him sidelined since preseason.
- 15 players have scored for LA Galaxy II in 2016, the most of any Western Conference team.
- Los Dos are 6-2-5 at home on the season. Sacramento are 6-3-5 on the road.
- LA Galaxy II’s Jefrey Payeras returned after returning from international duty with the Guatemalan National Team. He subbed on in the 84th minute.
- Los Dos lead the Western Conference in goals scored (47).
- Ariel Lassiter leads the team in goals (7).
- Jaime Villarreal, Jose Villarreal and Josh Turnley co-lead the team with four assists.
- Next, Los Dos return to StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium midweek for a fixture with 2nd place Rio Grande Valley FC (12-5-9, 45 points). The match will kick off at 7:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, Sept. 14.
LA Galaxy II is now offering the Endless Soccer Ticket Package for Los Dos’ three remaining home matches of the 2016 season. Fans who purchase the package will receive four tickets to an LA Galaxy II match, four LA Galaxy coolers and four coupons for free soda from Shasta Beverages. To purchase the Endless Soccer Ticket Package click here.