LA Galaxy II Postgame Notes
LA Galaxy II 0, Swope Park Rangers 1
Friday, June 30, 2017 – 7:30 p.m. PT
2017 USL Regular Season
StubHub Center Track and Field Stadium
LOS ANGELES (Friday, June 30, 2017) – LA Galaxy II (3-10-2, 11 points) lost 1-0 in a close contest to Swope Park Rangers (8-4-2, 26 points) Friday night in a highly offensive game. On a cold night at the Track & Field Stadium, both sides were able to produce offense throughout the game, but the only goal didn’t come until the 66th minute. After some late second half chances, the Galaxy II squad was not able to put in an equalizer.
Swope Park came into the game boasting the 5th best defense in the USL in goals allowed. But the Galaxy did not seem to be intimidated. Both sides got behind the opposing defenses early in the first half. But, the first shot on goal didn’t come until the 27th minute when Galaxy defender Tyler Turner nearly scored on a Los Dos corner kick. And another coming seven minutes later after the Galaxy got behind Swope Park defenders again. The half ended in physical fashion as both teams were given yellow cards after some frustration from the 0-0 score.
Swope Park Rangers controlled the start of the second half, forcing three corners and the Galaxy only able to force one. In the 63rdminute, Swope Park subbed in Nansel Selbol and found instant success from their forward. Selbol scored in the 64th minute and had another shot on goal in the 66th It wasn’t until the 84th minute that the Galaxy had a true chance to equalize with some good forward play from midfielder Adrian Vera. LA Galaxy II were unable to find a game-tying goal late in the second half as the visitors held on for the victory.
Next, Los Dos travel to Greater Nevada Field (Reno, Nev.) to take on Reno 1868 FC at 7:30 p.m. PT on Monday, July 3th. Tickets to the match are available for purchase on www.lagalaxy.com and the match will be streamed live on www.lagalaxy.com/2.
SPR – Nansel Selbol 64’ (Assisted by Tyler Pasher)
LA – Alejandro Covarrubias 43’
SPR – Cameron Iwasa 45’
LA – Tyler Turner 60’
LA – Ryo Fujii 77’
SPR – Mark Anthony Gonzalez 85’
SPR – Tyler Pasher 87’
Lineup: Eric Lopez; Tyler Turner, Jean Engola, Robert Castellanos Jonathan Hernandez; Ryo Fujii, Andre Zanga (Jorge Hernandez 75’), Alejandro Covarrubias, Adrian Vera (Jonah Estrada 68’); Justin Dhillon, Adonis Amaya
Substitutions not used: Bennet Sneddon, Jake Arteaga, Zico Bailey, Jorge Hernandez, Jonah Estrada
LA: SHOTS: 10 | SHOTS ON TARGET: 2 | FOULS: 14 | OFFSIDES: 1 | CORNERS: 5 | SAVES: 3
SPR: SHOTS: 12 | SHOTS ON TARGET: 5 | FOULS: 13 | OFFSIDES: 2 | CORNERS: 6 | SAVES: 2
Head Referee: Kevin Stott
- LA Galaxy II (3-10-2, 11 points) fell 1-0 to Swope Park Rangers (8-4-2, 26 points) on Friday night at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium.
- 15 games in, Los Dos is officially halfway through the 2017 season.
- Two LA Galaxy Academy players featured in the match: Jonah Estradad and Jorge Hernandez both entered the match in the second half.
- Seven LA Galaxy Academy graduates started the match.
- LA Galaxy II were held scoreless for fifth time this season
- LA Galaxy II are now 1-6-1 at home this season.
- Forward Justin Dhillon leads LA Galaxy II in scoring with four on the season, while Adonis Amaya is tied for second with two this year.
- Goalkeeper Eric Lopez made his fifth start of the season for LA Galaxy II.
- Next, Los Dos travel to Greater Nevada Field (Reno, Nev.) to take on Reno 1868 FC at 7:30 p.m. PT on Monday, July 3th. Tickets
- For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com.