The New England Revolution surrendered two separate leads vs. the LA Galaxy on Saturday. Teal Bunbury made sure they did not give up a third.
A Bunbury brace off the bench snapped the Revolution's four-game losing streak in a wild 4-3 win over the Galaxy at Gillette Stadium on Saturday night. Bunbury scored both of his goals shortly after entering the field, first scoring on a header in the 70th minute before firing home the eventual winner three minutes later.
New England had jumped in front twice before Bunbury came to the rescue, but could not prevent LA from finding equalizers through Daniel Steres. The Revolution gave up another goal after Bunbury's pair of tallies, but held on for the victory.
- 16' – NE – Lee Nguyen Watch
- 22' – LA – Daniel Steres Watch
- 34' – NE – Kei Kamara
- 53' – LA – Daniel Steres
- 70' – NE – Teal Bunbury
- 73' – NE – Teal Bunbury
- 79' – NE – Ariel Lassiter
- NE: Saturday, Jul. 29 – vs. Philadelphia Union (7:30 pm ET | MLS LIVE)
- LA: Saturday, Jul. 29 – vs. Seattle Sounders (10 pm ET | ESPN; MLS LIVE in Canada)
LA Galaxy Postgame Notes
LA Galaxy 3, New England Revolution 4
Saturday, July 22, 20172017 MLS Regular Season
Gillette Stadium – Foxborough, Mass.
- NE – Lee Nguyen (Assisted by Diego Fagundez) 16’
- LA – Daniel Steres (Assisted by Romain Alessandrini, Rafael Garcia) 22’
- NE – Kei Kamara (Assisted by Diego Fagundez) 34’
- LA – Daniel Steres 53’
- NE – Teal Bunbury (Assisted by Kelyn Rowe, Diego Fagundez) 70’
- NE – Teal Bunbury (Assisted by Andrew Farrell, Kei Kamara) 73’
- LA – Ariel Lassiter 79’
- LA – Jermaine Jones (caution) 24’
- NE – Andrew Farrell (caution) 38’
- LA – Bradley Diallo (caution) 42’
- LA – Jack McBean (caution) 44’
- NE – Antonio Mlinar Delamea (caution) 56’
- NE – Chris Tierney (caution) 66’
- NE – Diego Fagundez (caution) 69’
LA Galaxy: Brian Rowe; Bradley Diallo, Daniel Steres, Jelle Van Damme ©, Ashley Cole; Rafael Garcia, Jermaine Jones (Dave Romney HT); Romain Alessandrini, Giovani dos Santos, Emmanuel Boateng (Bradford Jamieson IV 79’); Jack McBean (Ariel Lassiter 71’)
Substitutions not used : Jon Kempin, Pele van Anholt, Jaime Villarreal, Raul Mendiola.
Head Coach: Curt Onalfo
TOTAL SHOTS: 15; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 15; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 9; SAVES: 2
New England Revolution: Brad Knighton; Andrew Farrell, Benjamin Angoua, Chris Tierney (Laglais Xavier Kouassi 84’), Antonio Mlinar Delamea; Gershon Koffie, Scott Caldwell (Teal Bunbury 65’), Kelyn Rowe, Diego Fagundez (Femi Hollinger-Janzen 90’); Kei Kamara, Lee Nguyen.
Substitutions not used: Cody Cropper, London Woodberry, Zachary Herivaux, Donald Smith.
Head Coach: Jay Heaps
TOTAL SHOTS: 15; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 15; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 4; SAVES: 3
Referee: Jorge Gonzalez
Assistant Referee: Andrew Bigelow and Eric Weisbrod
Fourth Official: Guido Gonzalez Jr