LA Galaxy II (7-13-4, 25 points) resume an important three-game home stand this weekend when they host Reno 1868 FC (13-5-6, 45 points) at 7:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, Sept. 6 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium. The match will be streamed live and for free on LAGalaxy.com/2. Tickets to the match are available for purchase here.
LA returns to the home pitch after earning their third home shutout win of the season with a 1-0 victory over Rio Grande Valley FC at the Track & Field Stadium on Sunday. Los Dos are now eight points off a playoff spot in the USL Western Conference with eight games to play – meaning results in these next two home fixtures are key to a postseason run.
Wednesday will mark the Galaxy’s second-ever meeting with expansion side Reno 1868 FC, who have shown well in their first season of competition sitting third in the Western Conference with 45 points. In early July, Reno defeated LA in Nevada for their first encounter.
Reno are one of the conference’s strongest road teams, going 6-4-2 away from home this season. LA has been better at home of late, but have earned only three wins in 13 tries at StubHub Center in 2017.
Reno travel to LA at a time when Los Dos are playing some of their best soccer of the season, suffering only two losses in their last eight contests and conceding an average of one goal per game in their last five matches. In these last eight games, they’ve earned more points than they did in the first 16 of the season.
The side has also been bolstered by the inclusion of first-team talent, most obvious among them being Ariel Lassiter, who has scored in each of his last three appearances with the USL side.
The Galaxy will follow Reno 1868 up with a home contest against San Antonio FC, another quality Western Conference opponent, on Saturday at the Track & Field Stadium.
- In their last match, LA Galaxy II defeated Rio Grande Valley FC 1-0 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium.
- It was the Galaxy’s third home shutout and the first shutout for Bennett Sneddon this season.
- LA Galaxy II are 3-7-3 at home, Reno 1868 FC are 6-4-2 away from home.
- LA Galaxy II have suffered two losses in their last eight contests.
- Ariel Lassiter has scored three goals in his last three matches.
- Justin Dhillon (6) and Adrian Vera (5) lead the team in goals this season.
- Ethan Zubak leads the team with 3 assists.
- Next, Los Dos face San Antonio FC on Saturday, Sept. 9 at 7:30 p.m. PT. Both games will take place at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium.