Romain Alessandrini was a handful for Minnesota with a brace and an assist on the day. He started off by putting the Galaxy ahead right out of the gate when he and Giovani dos Santostook advantage of a quick restart. Alessandrini dribbled into the penalty area and sent a low shot rolling past Bobby Shuttleworth that nestled just inside the far post.
Video Review was needed to award the Galaxy their second goal, a Jonathan dos Santos header that bounced off the underside of the crossbar and over the line. Play was allowed to continue after the ball bounced straight up and hit the crossbar again, but eventually referee Alex Chilowicz called for the review. The goal was Jonathan's first with the Galaxy, with Alessandrini picking up an assist on the cross.
- 11' - LA - Romain Alessandrini Watch
- 22' - LA - Jonathan dos Santos Watch
- 90+3' - LA - Romain Alessandrini Watch
- DOING THE DOUBLE: With two goals and an assist on Sunday, Alessandrini increased his season lead in both categories for the club. The odds-on club MVP now has 13 goals and 11 assists, and is the only player on the club to have double digit totals in either of those categories.
- BAGGIO'S BACK: After almost five months of rehab, Galaxy midfielder Baggio Husidicreturned to competitive action with a 14-minute sub appearance against the team LA were playing when he went down with the injury on May 21. While mostly on the pitch to get his feet wet again, Husidic did have a shot from inside the penalty area and a recovery deep in the Galaxy half.
- STATISTICALLY RELEVANT: It won’t soothe the sting of the loss, but on the evening the Loons were stastically on par with LA in every category except for goals. While it’s common for a trailing team to lead in possession, Minnesota were also the better passes and had four shots on target. Unfortunately when they took their chances they tended to blast them right at Galaxy goalkeeper Clement Diop.
- LA: Sunday, October 22nd at FC Dallas (4:00 pm ET| MLS LIVE)
- MIN: Sunday, October 22nd at San Jose Earthquakes (4:00 pm ET| MLS LIVE)
LA Galaxy Postgame Notes
LA Galaxy 3, Minnesota United FC 0
Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017 – 4:30 p.m. PT
2017 MLS Regular Season
StubHub Center – Los Angeles, Calif.
LA – Romain Alessandrini (Assisted by Giovani dos Santos) 11’
LA – Jonathan dos Santos (Assisted by Romain Alessandrini) 22’
LA – Romain Alessandrini (Assisted by Jermaine Jones) 90’+3
MIN – Jerome Thiesson (caution) 44’
MIN – Collen Warner (caution) 77’
LA – Michael Ciani (caution) 83’
LA Galaxy: Clement Diop; Bradley Diallo, Dave Romney, Michael Ciani, Ashley Cole; Romain Alessandrini, Jonathan dos Santos, Jermaine Jones ©, Emmanuel Boateng (Baggio Husidic 76’); Bradford Jamieson IV (Ariel Lassiter HT), Giovani dos Santos (Jack McBean 90’)
Substitutes not used: Brian Rowe, Nathan Smith, Rafael Garcia, Raul Mendiola.
Head Coach: Sigi Schmid
TOTAL SHOTS: 9; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 2; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 4
Minnesota United FC: Bobby Shuttleworth; Francisco Calvo, Jerome Thiesson, Marc Burch, Michael Boxall; Collin Martin (Collen Warner HT), Ethan Finlay (Johan Venegas 78’), Ibson, Kevin Molino (Miguel Ibarra HT); Abu Danladi, Christian Ramirez.
Substitutions not used: Patrick McLain, Brent Kallman, Sam Nicholson, Ismaila Jome.
Head Coach: Adrian Heath
TOTAL SHOTS: 12; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 13; OFFSIDE: 7; CORNER KICKS: 4; SAVES: 1
Referee: Alex Chilowicz
Assistant Referees: Apolinar Mariscal, Jeremy Kieso
Fourth Official: Baldomero Toledo
VAR: Juan Guzman, Jr.