David Bingham; Daniel Steres, Jorgen Skjelvik, Tomas Hilliard-Arce; Rolf Feltscher, Perry Kitchen, Sebastian Lletget, Servando Carrasco, David Romney; Emmanuel Boateng, Ariel Lassiter.
Brian Sylvestre, Justin Vom Steeg, Hugo Arellano, Baggio Husidic, Joao Pedro, Chris Pontius.
- The LA Galaxy are back in action today after a break last weekend. In just their third match this year, LA will look to pick up points on the road at BC Place against Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
- Head Coach Sigi Schmid will trot out an adjusted lineup and a shifted formation, dealing with several absences from available players.
- In net, David Bingham will get the start in his third-consecutive match for LA after joining the team this offseason from San Jose. Bingham is coming off of a strong performance in NYC.
- Along the backline, Daniel Steres will make his first start of the season. Steres, who enters his third full year as a member of the Galaxy, has been one of the team’s most consistent players across the previous two years.
- In the central of defense, Jorgen Skjelvik will make his third-straight start for the LA Galaxy. He has looked solid in defense in the first two games and looks poised to be a solid offseason addition.
- Alongside Skjelvik is rookie Tomas Hilliard-Arce, the second-overall pick in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft in January. Hilliard-Arce had a strong preseason showing and will make his debut for the LA Galaxy in Major League Soccer.
- Out wide on the right, the Venezuelan international Rolf Feltscher makes his third start of the season. Feltscher will cover a lot of ground in the defense and in the attack in the adjusted formation.
- Holding down the center of the field, Perry Kitchen will make his third-straight start of the year. Kitchen has been one of the Galaxy’s most solid players thus far.
- From an attacking position from the center of the midfield, Sebastian Lletget will make his second start of the season after making his first start in nearly a year two weeks ago against NYCFC. Lletget, who was out with a foot injury for almost a year, will look to find his form that saw him burst on to the USMNT in 2017.
- Alongside Kitching in the center of the field, Servando Carrasco makes his first start as a member of the LA Galaxy. Carrasco joined this offseason from Orlando City and has shown well in preseason and substitute appearances in the first two matches.
- Out wide on the left side of the field, Dave Romney will look to cover the defensive side of the field while also pushing up when needed. Romney, the first-ever signing from LA Galaxy II to the LA Galaxy, will make his first start in 2018.
- Up top, the speedy Emmanuel Boateng will push forward to generate offense for the Galaxy in Vancouver. Boateng, in his third season with the Galaxy, will be the fastest player on the field Saturday.
- Making his first start of the season and the third of his career, Ariel Lassiter will join Boateng up top as the Galaxy’s forward pair. Lassiter has made 18 appearances in the previous three seasons for the Galaxy.
- Additional notes — The Galaxy will be without nine against Vancouver:
- Ola Kamara, Emrah Klimenta are unavailable due to international duty
- Efrain Alvarez is unavailable due to GA Cup
- Romain Alessandrini, Giovani dos Santos, Jonathan dos Santos, Michael Ciani and Bradford Jamieson IV are unavailable due to injury.
- Ashley Cole is unavailable due to suspension.
- The Galaxy enter the match 1-1-0 overall with three goals scored and three goals conceded this season.
- This year on the road, the Galaxy are 0-1-0 with one goal scored.
- The Galaxy hold an all-time record of 313-235-147, with 631 goals scored and 650 assists recorded.
- LA have gone 17-11-7 during the month of March during their 23-year history.
- LA Galaxy Head Coach Sigi Schmid has gone 231-173-117 during his 19-year coaching career in Major League Soccer.
- How will the Galaxy fare with several key absences?
- What will an adjusted formation yield on the road?
- How will Tomas Hilliard-Arce, the second-overall pick in the Super Draft, look in his first start?
- How will the attacking trio of Sebastian Lletget, Ariel Lassiter and Emmanuel Boateng combine?
- Can the Galaxy find their first points on the road this year?
- Match Preview pres. by Welch's
- Ola Kamara bags a hat trick for Norway yesterday
- Where to Watch: Vancouver Whitecaps v. LA Galaxy
Al Green Lyrics – Let’s Stay Together
I, I'm so in love with you
Whatever you want to do
Is all right with me
Cause you make me feel so brand new
And I want to spend 90 minutes with you
Let me say that since, baby, since we've played together
Scoring goals forever
Is what I need
Let me, be the one you’ll be passing to
I'll never be untrue
Let's, let's soccer together (‘gether)
Soccerin' whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad
-Al Green (1972)