LA Galaxy II (0-1-2, 2 points) and San Antonio FC (1-1-1, 4 points) played to a 0-0 draw at StubHub Center on Saturday afternoon at StubHub Center.
The Galaxy recorded a shutout first half, with much credit to Wade Hamilton’s huge penalty kick save in the 22nd minute. Hamilton had given up the penalty in an attempt to stop the breakaway, but came up big with a diving save to his right.
In the second half, Los Dos came closest to earning a lead when Geoffrey Acheampong rattled the bar with a shot from distance. LA Galaxy were able to put on the pressure when San Antonio’s Mikey Lopez was red-carded in the 78th minute, but ultimately were unable to take advantage. LA Galaxy II earned their first shutout of the season in the win.
SA – Mikey Lopez 19’ (caution)
LA – John Requejo 41’ (caution)
LA – Frank Lopez 62’ (caution)
LA – Kris Tyrpak 71’ (caution)
SA – Mikey Lopez 77’ (ejection)
LA – Adrian Vera 78’ (caution)
LA – Emmanuel Appiah 90+1’ (caution)
SA – Darnell King 90 +3’ (caution)
LA Galaxy: Wade Hamilton; John Requejo, Ian Lonergan, Jean Angola, Jonathan Hernandez, Miguel Aguilar, Geoffrey Acheampong, Julian Büscher (Emmanuel Appiah 78’), João Pedro (Jorge Hernandez 90’), Frank Lopez (Adrian Vera 65’); Ethan Zubak
Substitutions not used: Eric Lopez, Jake Arteaga, Andre Zanga, Alex Mendez
TOTAL SHOTS: 8; SHOTS ON GOAL: 2; FOULS: 13; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 2.
San Antonio FC: Darnell King; Ryan Felix, Chris Christian, Mike Seth; Pecka, Ryan Roushandel, Mikey Lopez, Sonny Guadarrama (Rafael Castillo 67’), Kris Tyrpak (Omar Gordon 81’); Ever Guzman
Substitutions not used: Matt Cardone, Cyprian Hedrick, Gianluca Cuomo, Max Rodriguez, Alex Bruce
TOTAL SHOTS: 2; SHOTS ON GOAL: 2; FOULS: 14; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 2; SAVES: 2.
Referee: Victor Rivas
- LA Galaxy II (0-1-2, 2 points) and San Antonio FC (1-1-1, 4 points) played to a 0-0 draw at StubHub Center on Saturday afternoon at StubHub Center.
- Los Dos registered their first shutout of the 2018 season against San Antonio FC.
- Wade Hamilton made his second start on Saturday, while recording his first PK save in a Galaxy kit.
- LA Galaxy Academy’s Ian Lonergan started his second straight match for the club. The Academy’s Jorge Hernandez also appeared in the match.
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2017 USL Regular Season 8-19-5 with 29 points.
- LA Galaxy II travel to face Orange County SC on Saturday, April 7 at Orange County Great Park.