LA Galaxy II (0-4-2, 2 points) fell 1-0 to Saint Louis FC (2-1-2, 8 points) at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night in Fenton, Mo.
Saint Louis FC controlled the game from the start, keeping the game in Los Dos’ half. St. Louis took eight shots inside LA’s penalty box in the first 45 minutes of the match, but were unable to gain an advantage before halftime. For the second straight contest, LA Galaxy II turned in a first half shutout.
It didn’t take long for STLFC to breakthrough in the second half though, as they scored on their first chance of the half. Just 19 seconds after the whistle, Saint Louis FC’s Joey Calistri converted an open header to give his side the 1-0 lead.
Los Dos didn’t have much for chances to equalize in the second half, with no shots on target in the last 45. Saint Louis had the upper hand in the second half, with another eight shots taken inside Los Dos’ penalty area.
Next, LA Galaxy II return home to take on New York Red Bulls II at 5:30 p.m. PT on Sunday, April 22 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium. Tickets to that match are on sale now at www.lagalaxy.com/tickets/lagalaxyii/singlegame.
STL – Joey Calistri 46’ (Assisted by Austin Martz)
LA – Julian Büscher 83’ (caution)
LA Galaxy II: Eric Lopez; Nate Shultz, Tomas Hilliard-Arce ©, Hugo Arellano, Nate Shultz; Geoffrey Acheampong (Frank Lopez 72’), Julian Büscher, Emmanuel Appiah, Adrian Vera (Ethan Zubak 77’), Miguel Aguilar (Ulysses Llanez 51’); Ariel Lassiter
Substitutions not used:Alex Mendez, John Pulskamp, Andre Zanga, Jean Engola
TOTAL SHOTS: 8; SHOTS ON GOAL: 2; FOULS: 6; OFFSIDE: 0; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 3.
Saint Louis FC: Jake Fenlason; Phanuel Kavita, Jonathan Barden ©, Sam Fink, Sean Reynolds; Tony Rocha, Austin Martz, Lewis Hilton, Kyle Culbertson; Christian Volesky (Albert Dikwa 88’), Joey Calistri
Substitutions not used: Austin Ledbetter, Jack Maher, Kadeem Dacres, Aeden Stanley, Seth Stiebel
TOTAL SHOTS: 19; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 13; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 7; SAVES: 2.
Referee: Don Tebeau
- LA Galaxy II (0-3-2, 2 points) fell 1-0 to Saint Louis FC (1-1-2, 5 points) at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night in Fenton, Mo.
- Los Dos have scored one goal in six games to open the season. Emmanuel Appiah has scored Los Dos’ only goal this season.
- LA Galaxy’s Ariel Lassiter, Hugo Arellano and Tomas Hilliard-Arce participated in the match.
- LA Galaxy Academy’s Ulysses Llanez participated in his third consecutive match.
- Los Dos signed seven new players this offseason: Geoffrey Acheampong, Nate Shultz, Emmanuel Appiah, John Requejo, Frank Lopez, Wade Hamilton and Julian Büscher.
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2017 season with a 4-8-4 home record and a 4-11-1 away record.
- Justin Dhillon and Adrian Vera co-led the team in goals in 2017 (6).
- Ethan Zubak led LA Galaxy II in assists in 2017 (3).
- Next, LA Galaxy II return home to take on New York Red Bulls II at 5:30 p.m. PT on Sunday, April 22 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium. Tickets to that match are on sale now at https://www.lagalaxy.com/tickets/lagalaxyii/singlegame.