LA Galaxy II (3-6-4, 13 points) defeated Tulsa Roughnecks FC (0-5-7, 7 points) 1-0 on Saturday evening at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium. Miguel Aguilar recorded the game-winning goal in the match, scoring in back-to-back starts.
It didn’t take Los Dos long to earn the advantage in the match, with Aguilar scoring on his own rebound for his second goal of the season in the 6th minute. Tulsa responded with a number of good opportunities, but couldn’t put any away. The contest was 1-0 to LA Galaxy II at the break.
Tulsa continued to get the better of the chances in the second half, but still couldn’t find the back of the net. A chippy game broke out in the late stages of the second half, reaching its peak when a second yellow was issued to Julian Büscher in the 78th minute.
LA Galaxy II Head Coach Mike Muñoz made the proper adjustments to keep Tulsa at bay once Los Dos’ captain was sent off. After a red card was shown to Tulsa early in extra time, the match ended in LA Galaxy II’s favor.
Los Dos goalkeeper Wade Hamilton earned his second shutout of the year as LA Galaxy II secured their first shutout win of the season.
LA Galaxy II return to StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium next weekend to face Orange County SC on Sunday, June 10 at 5:30 p.m. PT. Tickets to that match are now on sale here.
LA – Miguel Aguilar 6’
LA – Julian Büscher 30’ (caution)
LA – Ethan Zubak 32’ (caution)
TUL – Jonathan Levin 34’ (Caution)
LA – Jonathan Hernandez 69’ (caution)
LA – Julian Büscher 77’ (caution, ejection)
TUL – Francisco Ugarte – 83’ (caution)
LA – Ulysses Llanez 88’ (caution)
TUL – Francisco Ugarte – 90’+3’ (caution)
LA Galaxy II: Wade Hamilton; Jonathan Hernandez, Jean Engola (Justin Dhillon 68’), Emmanuel Appiah, John Requejo; Ulysses Llanez, Julian Büscher, Andre Zanga, Miguel Aguilar (Adrian Vera 83’); Alex Mendez, Ethan Zubak (Frank Lopez 76’)
Substitutions not used: Eric Lopez, Nate Shultz, Jorge Hernandez, Geoffrey Acheampong.
TOTAL SHOTS: 9; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 16; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 6.
Tulsa Roughnecks FC: Fabian Cerda; Nemanja Vukovic, Francisco Ugarte, Claudio Munoz, Josh Morton; Ivan Mirkovic (Michael Binns 75’), Jonathan Levin, Eti Tavares, Paris Gee, Joaquin Rivas; Michael Gamble
Substitutions not used: Chase Gentry, Riggs Lennon, Christian Rodriguez, Santiago Maidana.
TOTAL SHOTS: 15; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 13; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 11; SAVES: 2.
Referee: Mark Allatin
- LA Galaxy II (3-6-4, 13 points) defeated Tulsa Roughnecks FC (0-5-7, 7 points) 1-0 on Saturday evening at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium.
- LA Galaxy II are 3-1-2 at home this season. Tulsa Roughnecks FC are 0-2-4 on the road.
- Miguel Aguilar scored his 2nd goal of the season in the match. Aguilar missed the entire 2017 season with an MCL injury.
- Aguilar has scored in two consecutive starts for the Galaxy.
- Wade Hamilton earned his second shutout of the season.
- Julian Büscher leads LA Galaxy II in assists this season (5).
- Zubak leads LA Galaxy II in goals this season (7).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2017 season with a 4-8-4 home record and a 4-11-1 away record.
- LA Galaxy II return to StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium next weekend to face Orange County SC on Sunday, June 10 at 5:30 p.m. PT. Tickets to that match are now on sale here.