LA Galaxy II (3-7-4, 13 points) fell 1-0 to Orange County SC (6-4-2, 20 points) on Sunday evening at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium.
Orange County, a defensive power in the league having only allowed eight goals on the season, came out and made things difficult for Los Dos early. Offense was stagnant on both sides of the ball and the teams entered the half at 0-0.
A battle of possession continued in the second half. Hugo Arellano made a crucial slide tackle save in the penalty area in the 56th minute. Miguel Aguilar forced Orange County SC goalkeeper Andre Rawls into a pair of saves with testing shots in the 57th and 68th minutes.
But it was OC that would breakthrough, with Thomas Enevoldsen scoring on a uncleared corner kick from the visitors. The goal snapped LA Galaxy II’s two-game win streak.
With a two-week break, Los Dos sit 12th in the USL Western Conference standings. Next up, LA Galaxy II are on the road to face OKC Energy on Saturday, June 23 at 5:30 p.m. PT. The match will be streamed on ESPN+.
OC - Thomas Enevoldsen 82’ (Assisted by Mats Bjurman and Thomas Juel-Nielsen)
LA – Miguel Aguilar 44’ (caution)
LA – Emmanuel Appiah 62’ (caution)
LA Galaxy II: Justin Vom Steeg; John Requejo, Hugo Arellano, Jean Engola, Nate Shultz; Miguel Aguilar, Emmanuel Appiah, Andre Zanga, Ariel Lassiter (Ulysses Llanez HT); Geoffrey Acheampong (Alex Mendez 62’), Ethan Zubak (Justin Dhillon 81’)
Substitutions not used: Wade Hamilton, Jonathan Hernadez, Adrian Vera, Frank Lopez.
TOTAL SHOTS: 13; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 9; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 0.
Orange County SC: Andre Rawls; Kontor Owusu-Ansah, Jos Hooiveld, Thomas Juel-Nielsen, Noah Powder; Richard Chaplow (Mike Seaton 64’), Nansel Selbol (Kevin Alston 87’), Christian Duke, Giovanni Ramos-Godoy (Mats Bjurman 81’); Aodham Quinn, Thomas Enevoldsen
Substitutions not used: Casey Beyes, Aaron Cervantes, Mats Bjurman, Walker Hume, Ami Pineda.
TOTAL SHOTS: 11; SHOTS ON GOAL: 1; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDE: 6; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 7.
Referee: Farhad Dadkho
- LA Galaxy II (3-7-4, 13 points) fell 1-0 to Orange County SC (6-4-2, 20 points) on Sunday evening at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium.
- LA Galaxy Academy’s Alex Mendez and Ulysses Llanez appeared in tonight’s match.
- LA Galaxy II are 3-2-2 at home this season. Orange County SC are 4-3-0 on the road.
- Julian Büscher leads LA Galaxy II in assists this season (5).
- Zubak leads LA Galaxy II in goals this season (7).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2017 season with a 4-8-4 home record and a 4-11-1 away record.
- Next up, LA Galaxy II are on the road to face OKC Energy on Saturday, June 23 at 5:30 p.m. PT.