LA Galaxy II (3-9-4, 13 points) fell 2-0 to Tulsa Roughnecks FC (1-8-7, 10 points) on Wednesday evening in Tulsa, Okla.
LA Galaxy II came out strong with early testing chances against Tulsa Roughnecks’ goalkeeper, Fabián Cerda. In the 14th minute, Justin Dhillon found Ethan Zubak at the top of the box, who unleashed a hard shot that was ultimately saved by Cerda. Another chance came for Los Dos in the 27th minute when Adrian Vera tried to chip the ball over Tulsa’s keeper, but was unable to convert.
Tulsa Roughnecks were first on the board, scoring just before halftime. In the 40th minute, Tulsa captain Eti Tavares started a counterattack with a long ball to Jhon Pírez who took a shot on a breakaway. Los Dos keeper Wade Hamilton was able to make the initial save, but Pírez scored off the rebound. LA Galaxy II entered halftime down a goal.
Galaxy II got off to a shaky start in the second half with a dangerous tackle from defender Hugo Arellano in the 46th minute. The slide tackle from Arellano in his team’s own half was enough to earn a straight red card from head referee Fotis Bazakos.
Down to 10 men, Los Dos were put quickly on the defense. Tulsa remained persistent in their attack and were able to find the back of Hamilton’s net for a second time in the 52nd minute. Another long ball, this time from Ivan Mirkovic, found Paris Gee streaking down the wing. Gee cut inside the box and curled the shot into the far post.
Next, the team will return home to StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium to host Seattle Sounders FC 2 on Sunday, July 1 at 5:30 p.m. PT. Tickets to the match are available for purchase here.
TUL – Jhon Pírez 40’
TUL – Paris Gee 52’ (Assisted by Ivan Mirkovic)
TUL – Ivan Mirkovic 26’ (Caution)
TUL – Joaquin Rivas 43’ (Caution)
LA – Julian Büscher 44’ (Caution)
LA – Hugo Arellano 46’ (Ejection)
LA – John Requejo 65’ (Caution)
TUL – Jonathan Levin 83’ (Caution)
LA Galaxy II: Wade Hamilton, John Requejo (Taylor Davila 82’), Emmanuel Appiah, Hugo Arellano, Jonathan Hernandez, Miguel Aguilar (Geoffrey Acheampong 59’), Andre Ulrich Zanga, Julian Büscher ©, Adrián Vera, Ethan Zubak, Justin Dhillon (Frank Lopez 67’)
Substitutions not used: Eric Lopez, Jean Engola, Ian Lonergan, Nate Shultz
TOTAL SHOTS: 8; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 13; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 2; SAVES: 6.
Tulsa Roughnecks FC: Fabián Cerda, Joshua Morton (Adriano Jusino 76’), Nemanja Vukovic, Francisco Ugarte ©, Claudio Muñoz, Paris Gee, Ivan Mirkovic (Jonathan Levin 72’), Eti Tavares (Christian Thierjung 61’), Michael Gamble, Joaquin Rivas, Jhon Pírez
Substitutions not used: Christian Rodriguez, D.J. Dean, Chase Gentry
TOTAL SHOTS: 19; SHOTS ON GOAL: 8; FOULS: 7; OFFSIDE: 7; CORNER KICKS: 2; SAVES: 4.
Referee: Fotis Bazakos
- LA Galaxy II (3-9-4, 13 points) fell to Tulsa Roughnecks FC (1-8-7, 10 points) with a final score of 2-0 on Wednesday evening at ONEOK Stadium in Tulsa, Okla.
- LA Galaxy II are now 0-7-2 away from home this season.
- Los Dos are 3-2-2 at home in 2018.
- LA Galaxy II sit 14th in the USL Western Conference standings.
- Julian Büscher leads LA Galaxy II in assists this season (5).
- Zubak leads LA Galaxy II in goals this season (7).
- LA Galaxy II finished the 2017 season with a 4-8-4 home record and a 4-11-1 away record.
- Next, LA Galaxy II will host Seattle Sounders FC 2 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium on Sunday, July 1 at 5:30 p.m. PT. Tickets to the match are on sale now, available here.